Posted May 9, 2012
5:23:03 PM
What happened to the other cell phone forums?

I was just looking for the Samsung forum and I can't seem to find it.  Did AT&T remove that forum from the online community or am I just not seeing them?  Also, where are the other brands of cell phone forums for Sony Ericsson, Motorola, etc.?

What happened to the other cell phone forums?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2012 6:37:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately they have chosen to consolidate all of the manufacturers into the "General Wireless Discussion" board, so you would need to visit it and do a "search" for the manufacturer you are interested in. :smileysad:

You will find manufacturer/device related information in the various operating system discussion boards for devices using those particular operating systems.  But for all of the "other" device discussion (w/ manufacturer proprietary o/s or o/s not included in at&t's o/s boards), you'll need to look in the "General Wireless Discussion" board.  Really muddies the waters and makes the forums far less functional for users in my opinion [as menu layout, features and functionality tend to be fairly consistent through the manufacturer's line of products in my (primarily Nokia) experience].

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What happened to the other cell phone forums?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 14, 2012 5:38:12 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for the information.  Sad to see that they decided to consolidate all of that.  I liked the way that the forum was before when you had separate manufacturer forums.  It made it easier, I think.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 18, 2012 10:26:30 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I appreciate the feedback about the consolidation crkczkcrk. It is a big change and we spent a lot of time discussion and researching the most effective organization overall. 

Nothing is ever set in stone though so your feedback (and hme38's) is valuable. We're always looking for ways to make things more efficient for everyone. :smileyhappy:

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 20, 2012 7:51:12 AM
(0)
Professor
I am curious about the number of posts since the change compared to the number before. Just as a measure of usage with the new format.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013 11:40:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

It may be that the Nokia E series sometimes suffers from Jan Brady syndrome, as it gets overshadowed by a flashier member of its family--the Nokia N series (aka Marcia Brady). But the E series is just as bright and deserves some recognition too. Traditionally, the E series devices have been very corporate-centric and serious in design, but now Nokia is updating the line with the introduction of the Nokia E66 and Nokia E71, bringing with them a modernized look and a fresh set of features.nokia e71 smartphone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 19, 2013 6:14:33 AM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!