Posted Jan 24, 2014
7:52:55 PM
opening messages problem

Hi! I'm a new Lumia 520 owner, and I have a question. Occasionally a friend will send me a picture via text message that I am unable to open. The message will say "Media content in this message, get media content now 32kb", and when I tap the message, it will not open. Is there anyting I can do to open the message?

I'm sorry, but I'm new to smartphones..thanks for any help!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 25, 2014 7:49:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If its a video or audio clip that WP8 can't play, you'll get that error. There isn't anything you can do to fix it, it's a limitation of the phone's operating system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

opening messages problem

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 25, 2014 7:49:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If its a video or audio clip that WP8 can't play, you'll get that error. There isn't anything you can do to fix it, it's a limitation of the phone's operating system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: opening messages problem

2 of 5 (8,446 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 25, 2014 8:06:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you, johninsj, I appreciate the answer!! It's helpful to know about this!!!!!

3 of 5 (8,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2014 7:33:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

But what if it's just a picture? Does that mean that a picture that my friend takes on his iPhone won't come through because my Lumia can't process it?

4 of 5 (3,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 26, 2014 7:58:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

TSPhillips wrote:

But what if it's just a picture? Does that mean that a picture that my friend takes on his iPhone won't come through because my Lumia can't process it?

I've not ever seen a photo fail to come through (I'm the odd one out in my home - wife & kid are iPhone users, I have/had a Lumia 920 and now have a Samsung Note3)

I suppose if the image is too large, Windows Phone may fail to open it, but I'm not aware of any limits on size.

5 of 5 (3,656 Views)