Posted Mar 22, 2011
11:10:29 AM
Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 15, 2011 6:53:03 PM
(0)
Master

Finally, the status for Focus is showing as 'Scheduling'. So the rumored 4/19 date might be true after all.

147 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(147)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2011 9:28:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

Wow! I could not agree more! C'mon AT&T! This is a little rediculous! I updated my wife's T-Mobile HD7 over a week ago!! Why can't AT&T get their ____ together????

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2011 3:47:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Looks like end of April at best now.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/04/13/att-windows-phone-7-handsets-won%E2%80%99t-see-nodo-update-u...

Thanks AT&T, you're making my decision whether to stick with you easier every day this fiasco continues.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2011 6:21:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

@allatrope (and AT&T)

What's the point of even posting here? I'm sure AT&T never reads this stuff and could care less about us WP7 users as they are way too busy selling i(incubus)Phones. Besides, like Charlie Shhen said, "Dude, I already have your money!"...

Unfortunately, my phone is a work-provided phone so I am stuck with these losers! My other five lines that I pay for out-of-pocket for my family are with T-Mobile (yes, my wife has the aforementioned HD7 that I've had NoDo on for over a week!), but it looks like AT&T is going to ruin that too in about a year!!!

Arrghhhhhhhh!!!!!! Lucy would be so proud of AT&T[ease] as they are world-class football pullers!!

Where is Bill Gates when you really need him to kick some butts and bytes.....

Go ahead AT&T! Reply! I double-dog dare you!!!!

DZ

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 3:32:12 AM
(0)
Expert

zimbricd wrote:

@allatrope (and AT&T)

What's the point of even posting here? I'm sure AT&T never reads this stuff and could care less about us WP7 users as they are way too busy selling i(incubus)Phones. Besides, like Charlie Shhen said, "Dude, I already have your money!"...

Unfortunately, my phone is a work-provided phone so I am stuck with these losers! My other five lines that I pay for out-of-pocket for my family are with T-Mobile (yes, my wife has the aforementioned HD7 that I've had NoDo on for over a week!), but it looks like AT&T is going to ruin that too in about a year!!!

Arrghhhhhhhh!!!!!! Lucy would be so proud of AT&T[ease] as they are world-class football pullers!!

Where is Bill Gates when you really need him to kick some butts and bytes.....

Go ahead AT&T! Reply! I double-dog dare you!!!!

DZ

you will never see a official response here, ATT only monitors the forums for moderation, any att employee that posts here is voicing their own opinion and has nothing to do with the company. This is a peer to peer forum only. Funny though - this thread is almost an exact duplicate of the android update thread

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 3:44:16 AM
(0)
Professor
You'll get more luck getting a response from AT&T on their customer service account on Twitter http://twitter.com/attcustomercare

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 5:55:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I really don't expect a response nor want one. I just want my company to switch to a REAL phone provider!!! (BTW, nice iphone response, in a FOCUS THREAD!!!!) That's what I am talking about! Even the "wizards" use something other than WP7... This is hopeless!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 6:49:39 AM
(0)
Professor
I promise you that I have a focus and like it way better than the fruit phone my wife has

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 4:40:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

@guandalf

Thanks for your honesty and forgive my frustration. This is getting a little rediculous though, you have to admit...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 5:07:08 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by guandalf on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:11:00 PM

For sure, it is. I'm just an ATT customer like everyone else on this forum, and very frustrated that due to hardware issues with the focus, us users are paying for it. Samsung has had numerous devices, one after the other with hardware issues: epix, galaxy s, and focus. When Nokia enters the wp7 scene, it will be game over for sub standard hardware hopefully

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 5:20:21 PM
(0)
Scholar
That's sad to hear guandalf.. I like my Focus much better then my wife's iPhone 4.. You have to admit it has a great display compared to practically any other smartphone.. I havent had one issue with my Focus, now AT&T is a whole different matter, went and debranded and got NoDo myself weeks ago.
Today they released specs for the next gen. wp7 phones and they look pretty impressive so far.. I'm kinda worried Nokia will have a mid to low end phones for wp7, my next wp7 has to have even a bigger & better display then the Focus(a big wish I know) and I might like hard buttons vs the touch sensitive ones the Focus has..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 5:23:21 PM
(0)
Professor
I doubt the Nokia will be low end. I think they will be the Mac daddy of wp7 in terms of hardware.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2011 7:06:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
That would great, I'm not closed minded, if Nokia comes out killer WP7 phone I'll be all over it :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 11:01:51 AM
(0)
Master

guandalf wrote:
I doubt the Nokia will be low end. I think they will be the Mac daddy of wp7 in terms of hardware.

It will be a mixture of high end, mid rang and low end WP7 phones. Rumor is that the main sticking point in Nokia deal is Nokia demands Microsoft to lower its minimum hardware requirements for WP7 so that it could make low end phones using WP7. Judging by the Nokia phones sold outside of US, I'd say majority of Nokia phones sold today are low end devices. US is an exception because Nokia barely has any presence at all.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 15, 2011 6:53:03 PM
(0)
Master

Finally, the status for Focus is showing as 'Scheduling'. So the rumored 4/19 date might be true after all.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 6:55:38 PM
(0)
Professor
Yeah, seems like the 19th it is :smileyhappy: http://bit.ly/eiMqqg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 7:16:22 PM
(0)
Professor

foxbat121 wrote:

Don't want to sidetrack, obviously this is awesome news, just wondering why the Surround still shows testing. :smileytongue:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 7:18:53 PM
(0)
Master

guandalf wrote:

foxbat121 wrote:

Don't want to sidetrack, obviously this is awesome news, just wondering why the Surround still shows testing. :smileytongue:

My guess is that HD7S is delayed. So, instead of holding all 3 phones hostage, AT&T decided let the non-HTC phones go and keep the poor HTC Surround owners waiting until they released HD7S :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 7:53:35 PM
(0)
Professor

foxbat121 wrote:

guandalf wrote:

foxbat121 wrote:

My guess is that HD7S is delayed. So, instead of holding all 3 phones hostage, AT&T decided let the non-HTC phones go and keep the poor HTC Surround owners waiting until they released HD7S :smileyhappy:

This is Microsoft's explanation regarding the Surroud's delay.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2011 9:12:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

More like they waited till enough of us went ahead and did it with a bypass, then we didn't complain we had a problem. That was the beta testing they were waiting for.:smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2011 8:54:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
Funny wild bill, I guess I was one of those beta testers and I can say for the record there are no problems to report after using NoDo for a few weeks :smileyhappy:. AT&T let your customers have NoDo ASAP... Cant imagine how long they will hold Mango back..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2011 9:17:48 PM
(0)
Professor

pmt1209 wrote:
Funny wild bill, I guess I was one of those beta testers and I can say for the record there are no problems to report after using NoDo for a few weeks :smileyhappy:. AT&T let your customers have NoDo ASAP... Cant imagine how long they will hold Mango back..

I wonder if your NoDo update includes just the OS components or the Samsung firmware updates, too, as well as, the unique AT&T features 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 17, 2011 6:09:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
WISPr or the at&t address book is not enough for me to revert back to 7008, rebrand and get AT&T's NoDo but if something else is included making it worthwhile I might go that route..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 2:43:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, I have connected my Samsung Focus to Zune today and got the message "Update available" and installed both Feb and March update. Received error during Feb update and used "Windows Phone Support Tool" to update. 

How can I verify/check about AT&T specific update for WISPr and AT&T address book.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 3:27:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now i just have to mess with it and see what it can do....for all the complaining the update went smooth and with no hassle....better late that never....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 3:30:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'm thinking not having WISPr or the ATT thing is a good thing on my update previously phone.. hmm let me just randomly connect to unknown unsecurred wifi because it's a good thing according to some att suit.. pfft

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 4:15:52 PM
(0)
Professor

But will it connect if WiFi is turned off. I do not like the program either, but if you leave your WiFi on you are leaving yourself up to far more than logging on to unknown att broadcasts.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 4:29:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

I don't leave my wifi on.. places i'm at there is seldom any secured wifi.. i won't connect over open networks. especially when checking websites that send stuff unencrypted ...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 5:21:26 PM
(0)
Master

In my area, my 3G speed is about 100kbps on average! So AT&T HotSpot can be helpful for me if it is available. There is really no downside as far as I concerned. Your cellular data connection is no more secure than the open wi-fi hotspot.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 6:29:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

It's less about security for me and more from attaching to random hotspots.. I want the control then I know if I'm sending stuff it's on my terms.. Also... no reason for this stuff to hold up updates other updates this could have been separate... and weeks later for all I care instead of forcing us to wait for NoDo

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 19, 2011 6:57:45 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:00:26 PM

GBK wrote:

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

You can call whatever you want. If you live in a densely populated big city, that's how AT&T 3G speed is.

You are over reacting. If it works like on other AT&T phones, you will still have to manually connect to the HotSpot SSID and it will authenticate you so that you will be able to use it. WISPr protocol is not about auto-connect without your consent. It is about allow you to connect to AT&T hotspots without need to paying for it.

[ Edited ]