Posted Jul 29, 2013
Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

Ok ATT, when is GDR2 going to be released for the Nokia 920 (and all the other phones).

-taylor

519 replies
(19) Me too
(19) Me too
Replies
(519)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Let's see how the day goes. Nothing at 5am CA time. Last time an update rolled out for the 920 it didn't hit CA on rollout day until the afternoon.

Looking forward to talking about Amber/GDR2 and not the wait for same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Where's The GDR2/Amber Update... Any Schedule?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

I have a feeling there are a whole lot of adults logged into this forum staring at their screens waiting for someone to post "I just got the update", a sad statement about our social lives huh....well you'll have to excuse I've left my phone in the other room, need to check for updates.......LOL

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

stumpy1 wrote:

I have a feeling there are a whole lot of adults logged into this forum staring at their screens waiting for someone to post "I just got the update", a sad statement about our social lives huh....well you'll have to excuse I've left my phone in the other room, need to check for updates.......LOL

I can't begin to tell you how hard I laughed at this...and how true it is.  LOL  Ok...forcing myself to close this thread....in a few minutes...maybe....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

I'm glad we finally have a definite date on when the software is supposed to be rolled out.  Really, that's all I wanted; a specific date.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

OK, Dimitri, it's tomorrow....where's the update?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Believe it when I see it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
OK, thanks for the date and I hope it does come soon. Any idea how long it will take to roll out? Suggestion, a little more commnuciation next time. Just like the Apple fans that line up for blocks when a new iPhone comes out, some of us are a bit passionate about our phones. I little explaination: I have seen the iPhone and the Android dominate this market and for much of their lives, rightfully so. But now, Microsoft has a phone that is better than the others. I have had an Android, and my kids have iPhones and my phone is hands down the best. Microsoft nearly blew it but they finally have a phone that is a worthy competitor but it really feels like it is not getting a fair shake at customer. AT&T has certainly supported it, but it just has not felt like the full blown effort that you see with the other platforms and thus my angst. If I get the update today or tomorrow (I know it could take some time to rollout), I will return to the AT&T fold and look forward to the next release with hope. Thanks Dimitriy for the update.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Waiting like the rest...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

10AM Central and still no update. Does "available on 10/10" mean what I think it does?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
10:10/10.zilch

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

I checked this morning at 6:45a when I was at the house and nothing. 

Came in to work and saw the news about it and said "bull poo" and moved on.

Don't want to use the wireless at work to update as they have many restrictions on the connection.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Read the wording carefully.  "We expect...".  Meaning, it's AT&T so expect it not to be available today.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Test...test...this is a test.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

One of the articles (WP Central?) said that updates typically roll out around 1:00 pm Eastern. That has quelled my checking-every-5-minutes until then.  I'm only checking once an hour :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Now that they are done "testing" the update, now they begin "testing" the rollout process. Knowing them, that process could also take a few months.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Every 5 minutes myself but it is my wife's birthday 🎂 so I will check 10 minutes instead.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Microsoft rollout of updates for WP usually takes place around 9 or 10 am PDT.   Which coincides with the WPC post.  They typcially do not roll out early....usually right on the dot.  So, we'll see.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Just in time for Halloween. Trick or t̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ (Update)...We get tricked, just like the 7.8 update. They announced it Oct 2012 when windows 8 came out and we didn't get it till January 2013. 3 more months guys!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Glad I'm not the only one checking every 5 minutes (or less)  :smileyvery-happy:

Rolando

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

My Windows updates always come at 3PM E.S.T

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Are you guys seriously believing the statement of a community manager?! I don't!

Just check out Nokia's website:
http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

It still says "Waiting for approval"! If it's really released today it should say "Coming soon" or "Available".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
I guess we are hammered again...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Looks like the 1PM Eastern theory is out the door....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
I think 3PM EST

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Stunningly, the Nokia page now shows "Available".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
They are now marked as available on Nokia site

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

I just checked the site you mentioned, and it says "Available" now.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Mine just started

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Woot! Mine too.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)

Just started on mine, too.