Posted Jun 19, 2009
Remove Default Wallpaper
I just bought the Samsung SGH-a177. I am not able to remove the default wallpaper from the standby screen. I know I can download my own and save it but I would prefer no wallpaper, just a plain white screen. I don't know if this is standard with Samsung phones but other brand phones I have had, gave the option of no wallpaper. I would appreciate any help.
Message Edited by wdsnls on 06-19-2009 03:30:35 AM
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
6-20-2009 3:57:35 PM
(0)
Great idea! Since I posted my question, I have downloaded a more acceptable wallpaper and I am using it. The "flashlight" could be very useful with the brightness of the displays on these phones. Thanks for the suggestion!

wilcre wrote:

wdsnls wrote:
     I just bought the Samsung SGH-a177. I am not able to remove the default wallpaper from the standby screen. I know I can download my own and save it but I would prefer no wallpaper, just a plain white screen. I don't know if this is standard with Samsung phones but other brand phones I have had, gave the option of no wallpaper. I would appreciate any help.

I had the same issue with my LG, all i did was make my own whte background and then uploaded it to a hosting site and then downloaded it to the phone and set it as a wallpaper, also doubles as a flash light as well for me.

Accepted Solution

Remove Default Wallpaper

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 20, 2009
(0)

wdsnls wrote:

I had the same issue with my LG, all i did was make my own whte background and then uploaded it to a hosting site and then downloaded it to the phone and set it as a wallpaper, also doubles as a flash light as well for me.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remove Default Wallpaper

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 20, 2009
(0)
Great idea! Since I posted my question, I have downloaded a more acceptable wallpaper and I am using it. The "flashlight" could be very useful with the brightness of the displays on these phones. Thanks for the suggestion!

wilcre wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 20, 2009
(0)

wdsnls wrote:

wilcre wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

My SGH-i617, Blackjack, display is so bright (I have it set to brightest) is a wonderful flashlight. it lights up an entire room when the lights are off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.