For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
NLSTRACKER's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 9:15 PM

Nokia lumia 520 could not send or receive pictures - but resolved with my trial and error

Spent almost a whole day online and on phone trying to resolve.  Finally I figured out two things that had to be done - in addition to putting in the MMS APN information that one representative gave to me.  I also had to go into Cellular, Internet APN and enter the word "phone" (without the quotes) in th APN field.  Then I could get pictures from some people, but not others.  Some I got the message to Get Media Content.  It would saying Getting Media Content, but nothing would happen.  I found that when it says that, I have to go into the Cellular+SIM menu and turn roaming on.  Then the picture came in.  I went back and turned roaming off for everyday use.  It must have something to do with the carrier the person sending the photo is using. This should not be so hard!!

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Glad you were able to get that fixed 🙂  Yes the phone does indeed need the apn settings.  Problem with the Windows phones is they dont usually have them in there from the start, and they usually get reset to default after factory reset.  Did you know there is a Windows Phone APN setup utility app?  I don't have the direct link for it at the moment, but will post you the link when I get it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.