For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @pjcollins32 

@pjcollins32 wrote:

Hi, I got a used, unlocked, at&t nokia lumia 920 from amazon warehouse sale for my driver and wish I can get help unlocking it.

If the phone is unlocked, there is nothing else you need to do, just insert your active SIM card and it should work. If the phone was sold as unlocked, but it's still locked, you might have to contact Amazon for help with a return. AT&T can only unlock phones for its current and former customers, and phones must be used on their accounts for at least 60 days (6 months for Go Phones). att.com/deviceunlock

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @sthangam1234 

So you used this phone with your Go Phone number for 6 months? It's possible that the IMEI number was never associated with the line in our system. We'll be happy to check for you and help with whatever we can. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to unlock my nokia lumia 520. When I'm trying to fill request form to enter IMEI#, page is throughing a error message saying that at&t doesnot carry this IMEI. (I poprted my carrier to TMobile). But the mobile is still at&t. Is there a way to get unlock code.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @gopal5b9 

Have you used the phone you're trying to unlock on your AT&T account? Social Media Care team will be happy to check on this issue for you and help with whatever we can. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

hey every one:) i am from germany and i have a such a big problem because i did buy one telephon an ebay com Nokia Lumia 920. The person from witch one i have buy it didt tell me that is problem witch unlock taht phone. The problem is with IMEI its clean. I did searching in Germany somebody who can fix it but unfortunly. How can i unlock my phone. I have only Imei and thats all. Please help me people:)

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T only unlocks phones for current or former customers that had the phone on their account. AT&T has an unlock portal, but without the number and other personal information associated with the phone, it cannot be unlocked.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

i can give a copy for my ebay buying only this i have 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi
While on holiday in Florida, I broke my Nokia 520, which I was using just for its wireless and SatNav features.
To get me thru the last few days of my holiday, the best replacement I could find in a hurry was a Nokia 635 AT&T GoPhone, sold by BestBuy.
BestBuy gave me an assurance that my phone could be unlocked by AT&T by getting in touch with them, but I can't get past their website instructions because (1) I haven't activated the SIM card, which would have cost $25 for a month's service which I will not use and (2) I found that I don't quite fit their eligibility criteria.
I don't really want to pay international call charges (now that I am back in the UK) or pay for a 3rd party unlocking service, if these options can be avoided.
Does anyone know a good email address for AT&T that will be able to deal with my problem? ...the website keeps referring me back to the same place each time (see above).
Grateful for any help with this.
Ivan

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe you can help me where the customer support so far has been lacking.

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 while I was in the US for my internship (from the windows store but its apperently still locked with AT&T).
It has been more than 6 months since I set up my gophone account, and now I'd like to unlock my phone so I can use it with the carriers in the Netherlands (where i live). But when I go through the whole request thing online I got an email back a day later saying that the "The information provided does not match the information on the account". Assuming that I can spell my own name, and that I look at my phone and correctly type what is says is its IMEI number and phone number. I should be good, since I don't even need to give other information.

I tried to contact AT&T already, but apperently their chat service people can only acces post-paid accountst. So they can't look. And I can't call to the go-phone service people, because the go-phone account doesn't get any signal outside of the US!
The only way I might be able to contact them is by using another phone, but that costs me a ridiculous amount of money since I'm calling internationally.

Do you guys know either:
-why my phone won't get unlocked
-how to contact the go-phone service people internationally

-any other way to unlock my phone which doesn't require me paying 60 bucks (the phone was only 50 :S)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi there

In mid Dec 2013, I bought a Lumia 520 Go Phone from a Microsoft store in HI and at the same time activated the SIM and got a phone number 808xxxxx at an AT&T store.

I have tried to unlock via web form with my prepaid phone number and IMEI, however got  the message "We are unable to process your request through this channel".

I called the number as well (800-331-0500), and spoke to someone, however what has happened I believe is that because my cell number was inactive for a couple of months, it looks like it has been reallocated to someone else and appears to be business number.

The phone he told be that was on record is a Samsung and different IMEI to mine.

He forwarded me onto the GoPhone team, but didnt get anywhere and call was dropped because the phone number is invalid.. :-S

Can someone help?

Regards

Richard

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.