Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 go phone from Amazon. It did not state whether the phone was locked or unlocked but majority of the comments said it was unlocked and that I can insert any other carrier's SIM on it. I ordered it and then had it shipped to Nassau, Bahamas because that is where I live. I was shocked to see it came in AT&T packaging which meant I am unable to use the phone. What makes it worst is that I tried unlocking it through several reliable site and and they all said my IMEI code did not exist. I even tried it through AT&T unlock request form and it said "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered." I would request if AT&T can provide an official unlock. I am also willing to pay any amount. Please Help. It has been 2 months and I am losing hope. Here is more details from my device:

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as IMEI and MAC address etc.]

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T won't have a record of the IMEI becuase you never activated the device on AT&T's network. That's part of the unlocking requirement. AT&T won't unlock the device unless the unlock requrements are met, as described here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I'd contact amazon and see if you can return it, or sell it on ebay, and then shop the "carrier unlocked phones" section of Amazon for a phone that is carrier unlocked.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi i bought nokia lumia 820 on ebay. it's locked for at&t. unfortunately i don't live in usa i live in republic georgia and in my country at&t does not support. please help me unlock my device. thanks

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T's unlock process is documented here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

If you bought a phone on ebay that was sold as unlocked, then make a claim with ebay or get the seller to refund your money. There is no way to unlock the phone (from AT&T) any other way than outlined above.

You can of course pay a third party unlocking service to unlock your phone. But that would not be discussed here.

Good luck!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello!
I live in Ukraine. At the auction Ebay acquired phone Nokia Lumia 920. The phone was with a cracked screen. I replaced the screen. The phone works, but to work with the Ukrainian operators requires an unlock code. Please tell us how to do it. I do not have the phone number of the previous owner, no account is associated with this phone. Translate through Google translator. May be translation errors.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have bought from Amazon US online the Nokia lumia 520 device gophone on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

The issue is that I am staying in Greece and the device never activated in US so I can't make use of the device in my country.

Is there any way to provide me with the unlock code to start use the device that I have payed?

In a more private message I can provide you details about the IMEI and the order details of Amazon.

I have speak with nokia club in Greece but they can't help me on this, I have also contact Amazon and they advice me to contact At&T direct.

Please advice.

With regards,

Lefteris K.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can't make the process because it ask for the AT&T mobile number that I do not have because I never register with AT&T network this device and the web site say " Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months." Also this is not acceptable for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi, I got a used, unlocked, at&t nokia lumia 920 from amazon warehouse sale for my driver and wish I can get help unlocking it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello,

I stayed in the USA for about 5 month and bought a gophone Lumia 520 at the beginning of my stay.

Now I´m back in Germany and i´d like to use the phone with a german sim-card.

I tried to unlock the phone, but I got a message that it´s not possible because of the 6-monath use rule.

Is there a way to unlock the phone now. I mean, I bought it more than 5 months ago, i´m not in the USA anymore. I definity don´t use a simcard from another US cellphone company.

And a good customer service helps to convince me to use AT&T again during my next stays in the USA.

Thank you very much

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,
 I have got gophone for Nokia Lumia 520 before 6 months and i want to unlock it. I got transfer to india and i want to use this mobile in india. I am getting the error that, We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device.

my mobile number *** is associated with IMEI ***

Please help me in unlocking the phone.

Thanks and regards,
Thangam [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.