Posted Sep 20, 2013
MUCH NEEDED help figuring out a few problems with my new Lumia 520 please!

I recently purchased a no-contract phone through AT&T, their "GoPhone" or whatever. I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 specifically because it was in my budget, it synced with my Windows 8 laptop, and I just have some sort of natural affinity to them. The main problem I'm worried about is that when I try to access my SIM card to set a passcode on it, there's already one there! I have no recollection of setting one up before, and I definitely know it's NOT the 20-digit serial number. The option to enter the code in only appears between 4 - 8 characters. I'm down to my last chance to do this, or it's gonna end up locking my phone up that I just bought with my last penny. PLEASE! Someone give me some SOLID advice here!!

Also, any tips to a newbie on not only smartphones in general, but the whole app thing and syncing thing would be greatly appreciated. I hope I can find some help here!!

P.S.S. - When I log onto Facebook on my phone and try to go to the Candy Crush game, it says I do not have Adobe Flash Player. Despite trying more than 4 sources to download it, I am still unsuccessful. Anyone have any tips on this also?? I'm DESPERATE here guys!!

MUCH NEEDED help figuring out a few problems with my new Lumia 520 please!

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2013
(0)
WP8 doesn't have a flash player, so most things requiring adobe flash (Facebook games, streaming media from most sources) you won't be able to do on your phone.

As for the sim passcode, definitely call ATT for assistance. At worst, you should be able to exchange your phone at the retailer.

Re: MUCH NEEDED help figuring out a few problems with my new Lumia 520 please!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2013
(0)
I've found a few sites that gave me several different numbers for the default code, but none of the 3 worked. My phone isn't locked yet, so I won't mess with it until I have a solution in hand. Thanks for letting me know about the flash player though!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2013
(0)
Not having support for Adobe Flash player is a major shortcoming for the WP8 OS...but that is just my opinion.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2013
(0)

If you've not gotten a code yet try the last four digits of your phone number.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2013
(0)
So far I've tried the last 4-digits of my phone number, and 2 more that the support sites give out, 1234 and 1111.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 24, 2013
(0)

lnelson15 wrote:
Not having support for Adobe Flash player is a major shortcoming for the WP8 OS...but that is just my opinion.

Adobe no longer supports Flash for any mobile platform. Flash is dead for mobile phones. No one but Adobe can put out a flash app.

There is no Flash shortcoming because of the phone.

[ Edited ]