Posted Nov 7, 2012
Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
11-8-2012 8:53:01 AM
(0)

Hey Joeonsunset, 

I'm sorry that you weren't able to see the wireless charging plate when you ordered your 920.

Everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

Accepted Solution

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

68 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(68)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)

The AT&T reps are quite clearly not up to speed on what's going on, generally speaking. I called my local store and they didn't even know what the Lumia 920 was. They couldn't tell me what colors they'd be getting, and couldn't speak to whether or not they would have the free charging pads.

Basically, they just didn't even know what the Lumia 920 was.

So, personally, I'd release myself from the frustration and wait until Friday and then approach a local AT&T retail location and ask them to clear it up.

That's just me - I've played the games beating my head against the wall for a solution right now on things like this. I've found my sanity is more valuable.

Re: Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

Are you signing a contract too? Or contract free?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

When it went on preorder yesterday, it was available AT preorder only for web preorders IF you added the charge plate to the order when you added it.

The order should have shown the phone and plate, and the discounts. Mine did, as did the email conformation:

One-Time Charges
Phone/Device
Nokia Lumia 920 (Matte Cyan)    $199.99
Offer Discount    -$100.00
Accessories
1 - Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate    $49.00
Regular Promotion    -$49.00
Services & Fees
Upgrade Fee    $0.00    Monthly Charges
N/A
Sub-Total(One-Time)    $99.99

If you ordered and did all that and the discount didn't apply at order time, then that sounds like a mistake.

You should PM ATTCustomerCare and ask them to look into it.

Oh, and it looks like the free charge plate promo is not being offered anymore - there doesn't even seem to be any charge plates available to order, nor is it mentioned anymore on the website.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

Hey Joeonsunset, 

I'm sorry that you weren't able to see the wireless charging plate when you ordered your 920.

Everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

Thanks to everyone for replying. I'm conflicted. I mentioned in my first post that I DID add the plate to my cart when I checked out-- those were the instructions in the offer.

But, I was charged $49 for it. It didn't zero out. I dunno if my credit card was charged yet, or what, but I don't want to have to struggle through 100 layers of CS calls to get that charge credited.

Per the suggestion above, I'm considering cancelling the order and just getting up early on Friday to the local AT&T store. It's just a little far from me, and I am worried that they won't honor the free charging plate offer in store.

Bah. What to do. :-)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

johninsj wrote:

Oh, and it looks like the free charge plate promo is not being offered anymore - there doesn't even seem to be any charge plates available to order, nor is it mentioned anymore on the website.

It's STILL there, 11/8 at noon Eastern, on the Premier side. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

You're welcome to please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you so we can make sure everything processes properly. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

kprophet wrote:

That's just me - I've played the games beating my head against the wall for a solution right now on things like this. I've found my sanity is more valuable.

You're probably right-- I've been through this before and the amount of time and effort it took the get a credit, though I did in the end, was insane. The online offers seem very "buggy," and WORSE when Premier is involved. (Makes me wonder if that 15%-ish discount is worth it. But that's another post.)

Still, for some reason that free wirless charger has dug its way into my brain! Plus, I think in store I will get charged an upgrade fee. I guess I will call the store and see what---if anything, at all---the reps know.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

What a mess it is.  I attempted to do the pre-order yesterday morning but couldn't see any wireless charger accessory at all.  So after chatting with 2 online rep and 1 phone rep.  I was told my best bet is to just go ahead and get the pre-order in 1st and then deal with trying to get the wireless charger afterward.

I then called yesterday afternoon and was told that there were some website issues that prevents some customers from seeing the wireless charger at all and that to give them some time to figure things out and call back today.  I called back today and after a very long time and dealing with different reps, it seems that everyone are completely clueless and just said I dont have any wireless charger in my order and that they're suppose to send them out if they have in stock.  But she cannot tell me whether I will get one or not.  And I order this yesterday but still seeing people who ordered today that can still add the accessory.

I hope someone else can help those of us who pre-ordered but didn't get to add the chance to add the wireless charger to our order can help us.

And also for the very 1st time since I've been with ATT (over 10 years now), I'm charged with an upgrade fee.   ATT, you're driving your customers insane and I'm wondering why I'm bothering staying with you after all these years being a loyal customer when most of all my friends and families are either with Verizon or Sprint.

My worst experience with ATT so far.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

I'm sorry you had such difficulty. 

As I mentioned above, everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

I can't speak to why you've never had an upgrade fee before as they've been around for quite a long time. 

--------------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)
I certainly hope so. It'll do wonder if ATT would just email those of those who has made the pre-order with that info as well as put a NOTE on the pre-order page.

I'm more worry now because when I call in, at the end of the 'status' (after I put in my order #), it said my order was cancel but when I spoke with the rep, they say it is NOT cancel and I also do not have any email that would indicate it will be cancel either.

You guys are making a heck of a big mess there.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012
(0)

I pre-ordered a white and yellow Wed morning. Our contract expired in June. During the order I called CSR because I saw nothing about the charging plate. They said to go ahead and place the order and it will probably be added.

Got an email today that the order was ready to ship.  Went online to look at the order and only one phone was listed. Called order processing. They said both phones were being shipped together, didn't know what was wrong with the online order info.

I asked about the charging plates and he said there was a note on his screen that they would be shipped seperately.

I'm Happy

I think all CSRs didn't get the memo.

(0)
  • Rate this reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012
(0)

So I had preordered the Nokia lumia 920 on 11/7/12, but when checking out, the wireless plate would not show up with the discount.  Then I had the impression that the charger would be included with the order automatically, so I went ahead and submitted the order.  Yesterday, I called in the support center to ask about my order, and they said no mentions of any charger plate accessory is being included in the shipment.  So they suggest I could cancel the order and reorder it again with the charger plate and they can help me from there.  Unfortuneately they are unable to cancel the order because the order is in pending shipment status.  They then suggest I refuse the shipment and return the phone back so they can reorder again to include the charger plate in the order.  But to be honest I would really want my phone asap and not have to wait for a long time for the return processing, I am doing an upgrade so I would have to wait a while before the upgrade eligibility is reset again.  The whole thing can take 2 weeks and there's no telling if there will be chargers left in stock at that point.

I'm just a little disapointed that even though I preordered the first day that the phone becomes available, I still won't be able to get the free charger even though it is clearly a promotion that AT&T is offering.  It is a mess in the communications of this matter and also with the unreliable online ordering system.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012
(0)

I am sorry you had difficulty with your order. 

Please take a look at my earlier post in this thread regarding the wireless charging plate. You do not need to cancel your order. 

--------------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012
(0)

I picked up the Lumia 920 at my local ATT store today and they knew nothing about the wireless charging plate, even though it was mentioned on the display stand.  I assumed I had to register on the nokia site when it goes up on the 16th to get one?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012
(0)

Is there some guarantee that you can make concerning the charging plate? When will we hear about it shipping? I have sent two emails to customer support and its been over a day and haven't heard anything back.... I have had probably the worst experience with representatives over the course of the past 24 hours from when I first ordered the phone to now...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012
(0)

LS6TA wrote:

I picked up the Lumia 920 at my local ATT store today and they knew nothing about the wireless charging plate, even though it was mentioned on the display stand.  I assumed I had to register on the nokia site when it goes up on the 16th to get one?

The plates apparently were not shipped to the att brick and morter stores in time. The store I went to knew nothing about the promotion. A bunch of us pulled the att notice up on our 900's and showed the manager. She then called att and in the end the store direct shipped us the plates. They had to ring the plate up like a normal purchase for direct shipping and then the manager zero'd out the $45 charge by inputting a promotion coupon. You walked awy from the store with your phone and a separate reciept for a charging plate to be delivered to your door. Complete with transaction number etc.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012
(0)

jamileh wrote:

Technically this doesn't seem 100% true. I was told after I pre-ordered from ATT by a phone representative that I would get the plate for free even though my purchase, which was off contract, did not show the discount on the checkout. After it finally shipped they said, whoops nevermind it's not for off contract purchases.

Given the fact that the press release, the announcement itself, and the web-orders representative say/said nothing about requiring a 2-year contract, I am pretty upset that their only suggestion was that I return it. What's worse is that when I call CS they admit that the notes are on there about when the first person told me it would be credited back to my account later and not to worry etc... They refuse to discuss anything about that, though, and just keep saying it was a mistake and I have to pay for it now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012
(0)
When I ordered, it said in red, that you get a charging plate for each order. I could not find it in the accessories, so I figured it would be included. But now I feel a bit nervous. I ordered 2 with 2 year contract.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2012
(0)

mark.f.masters wrote:
When I ordered, it said in red, that you get a charging plate for each order. I could not find it in the accessories, so I figured it would be included. But now I feel a bit nervous. I ordered 2 with 2 year contract.

Everyone should get one per phone, once AT&T gets them (up to whenever the cutoff is in december for purchase.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2012
(0)

Update: unable to get a CS response anywhere that assured me Id eventually be credited for the charging plate charge, I stared to consider cancelling the order. It helped my decision that the phone hadn't shipped by Friday. So much for the "pre-" in pre-order, huh?

So, I went to an ATT store where they had the 920s and cancelled my preorder while I waited in line. The store, tho busy, was friendly and helpful. They didn't know much about the free wireless charging plate, but it was on the signage there. So eventually they were able to figure out how to order me a free one (they weren't in stock in stores Friday.)

note to self: buy in store, buy in store, buy in store.

edit: Jamileh, thanks for your offer of help. I would have taken you up if my preorder hadnt failed to ship by Friday. appreciate it!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2012
(0)

LS6TA wrote:

I hope you return to the store and insist on the plate. The local reps may not have gotten training on the offer, but if its printed right there by the price, then that's the deal.

In my case, a manager had to help my rep locate the accessory to order online, direct-fulfill it(I.e., ship it to me BC it wasn't in stock), and then manually credit me the $49.

i would bring my receipt back to the store and try again, and talk to a manager I'd needed because they might have heard of the offer first. And by now, hopefully they're all up to speed.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

Hi there - I got your PM and responded just now. Thanks for the info. 

--------------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

Is this offer still available with the Lumia 920 or not? When I go to upgrade the devices on my account, it says it is, and prompts me to choose a wireless charging plate. However, all the charging plates listed are "out of stock" and cannot be selected.

Should I wait until these are back in stock, or is the offer over?

Free wireless charging plate offer?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

I am trying to order the Lumia 920 Matte Black. I go online to AT&T and when I get to the point in the order where I add the wireless charging plate, I notice two new things. First, the order instructions pop up now states that you can add charge plate to the order for free. Second, the screen to add accessories now shows all charge plates all colors as out of stock and you cannot add them to the order. How do I go about ordering this now? The offer clearly states that it will run till January. Is there an option to add the FREE charging plate after I have ordered my 920? Or do I have to order that at the same time? If so, how can I order both since there is no option now to add the wireless charging plate..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

I have the same issue. I am trying to order the Lumia 920 Matte Black. I go online to AT&T and when I get to the point in the order where I add the wireless charging plate, I notice two new things. First, the order instructions pop up now states that you can add charge plate to the order for free. Second, the screen to add accessories now shows all charge plates all colors as out of stock and you cannot add them to the order. How do I go about ordering this now? The offer clearly states that it will run till January. Is there an option to add the FREE charging plate after I have ordered my 920? Or do I have to order that at the same time? If so, how can I order both since there is no option now to add the wireless charging plate..

Re: Free wireless charging plate offer?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

I went through my corporate account and had the same issue. The corporate account manager had no information for me as well. Hoping ATT can answer it.

Re: Free wireless charging plate offer?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012
(0)

After much frustration online and on the phone (the phone rep wanted to charge me $199 for the 920), I just picked up my butt and walked into the store and surprise... They are sold out...all colors. Tried another store. Same story. But the Store manager did this for me. I love it.

Nokia920Order.PNG

Nokia920Chargerplate.PNG