Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I certainly hope so. It'll do wonder if ATT would just email those of those who has made the pre-order with that info as well as put a NOTE on the pre-order page.

I'm more worry now because when I call in, at the end of the 'status' (after I put in my order #), it said my order was cancel but when I spoke with the rep, they say it is NOT cancel and I also do not have any email that would indicate it will be cancel either.

You guys are making a heck of a big mess there.

Scholar

• 

308 Messages

11 years ago

I pre-ordered a white and yellow Wed morning. Our contract expired in June. During the order I called CSR because I saw nothing about the charging plate. They said to go ahead and place the order and it will probably be added.

Got an email today that the order was ready to ship.  Went online to look at the order and only one phone was listed. Called order processing. They said both phones were being shipped together, didn't know what was wrong with the online order info.

I asked about the charging plates and he said there was a note on his screen that they would be shipped seperately.

I'm Happy

I think all CSRs didn't get the memo.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Moved for better exposure

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

So I had preordered the Nokia lumia 920 on 11/7/12, but when checking out, the wireless plate would not show up with the discount.  Then I had the impression that the charger would be included with the order automatically, so I went ahead and submitted the order.  Yesterday, I called in the support center to ask about my order, and they said no mentions of any charger plate accessory is being included in the shipment.  So they suggest I could cancel the order and reorder it again with the charger plate and they can help me from there.  Unfortuneately they are unable to cancel the order because the order is in pending shipment status.  They then suggest I refuse the shipment and return the phone back so they can reorder again to include the charger plate in the order.  But to be honest I would really want my phone asap and not have to wait for a long time for the return processing, I am doing an upgrade so I would have to wait a while before the upgrade eligibility is reset again.  The whole thing can take 2 weeks and there's no telling if there will be chargers left in stock at that point.

I'm just a little disapointed that even though I preordered the first day that the phone becomes available, I still won't be able to get the free charger even though it is clearly a promotion that AT&T is offering.  It is a mess in the communications of this matter and also with the unreliable online ordering system.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I am sorry you had difficulty with your order. 

Please take a look at my earlier post in this thread regarding the wireless charging plate. You do not need to cancel your order. 

Explorer

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I picked up the Lumia 920 at my local ATT store today and they knew nothing about the wireless charging plate, even though it was mentioned on the display stand.  I assumed I had to register on the nokia site when it goes up on the 16th to get one?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Is there some guarantee that you can make concerning the charging plate? When will we hear about it shipping? I have sent two emails to customer support and its been over a day and haven't heard anything back.... I have had probably the worst experience with representatives over the course of the past 24 hours from when I first ordered the phone to now...

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

@LS6TA wrote:

I picked up the Lumia 920 at my local ATT store today and they knew nothing about the wireless charging plate, even though it was mentioned on the display stand.  I assumed I had to register on the nokia site when it goes up on the 16th to get one?

The plates apparently were not shipped to the att brick and morter stores in time. The store I went to knew nothing about the promotion. A bunch of us pulled the att notice up on our 900's and showed the manager. She then called att and in the end the store direct shipped us the plates. They had to ring the plate up like a normal purchase for direct shipping and then the manager zero'd out the $45 charge by inputting a promotion coupon. You walked awy from the store with your phone and a separate reciept for a charging plate to be delivered to your door. Complete with transaction number etc.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

Everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

Technically this doesn't seem 100% true. I was told after I pre-ordered from ATT by a phone representative that I would get the plate for free even though my purchase, which was off contract, did not show the discount on the checkout. After it finally shipped they said, whoops nevermind it's not for off contract purchases.

Given the fact that the press release, the announcement itself, and the web-orders representative say/said nothing about requiring a 2-year contract, I am pretty upset that their only suggestion was that I return it. What's worse is that when I call CS they admit that the notes are on there about when the first person told me it would be credited back to my account later and not to worry etc... They refuse to discuss anything about that, though, and just keep saying it was a mistake and I have to pay for it now.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

When I ordered, it said in red, that you get a charging plate for each order. I could not find it in the accessories, so I figured it would be included. But now I feel a bit nervous. I ordered 2 with 2 year contract.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.