Troubleshoot your device issues
Laura_D's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 9th, 2014 12:53 AM

How Do I Sync Contacts?

About 20 times a day I kept a message on my phone that tells me "Sync Contacts Now: Never Lose A Number." I have a Nokia Lumia 520. I don't know how to make the message stop coming and whenever I click on it it takes me back to my home screen. What do I do? 

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Laura_D, 

Do you have a live.com account setup on your phone? This could also be refered to as a Microsoft Account, Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, MSN accout? This account backs up all of your contacts into the cloud so you don't lose them and will help to auto load them back down to the phone when you migrate to a new Windows Phone. 

Try taking the battery out of the phone, restarting it and being connected to WiFi when the message pops up if you have a live account set up on the device. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I tried taking the battery out of my phone and putting it back in but it didn't do anything. I have a Microsoft Office Outlook Account with my school's email, however the phone doesn't recognize it. Is it because the email does not end with live.com? 

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Laura_D,

Is your school email set up on your device? If so that is most likey where this error message is coming from. Unless your school has set up for your device to sync to what is called Microsoft Exchange it will ususally block it from doing certian things (Contacts being one of them). 

It shouldn't make any difference with your email ending in live.com. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.