07-02-2008 05:41:56 AM
How can I sync my Breeze? Is there other software? Can it be done through the bluetooth? Where can I get a cable?
08-23-2008 11:28:17 PM
I have connected to phone using bluetooth. I could send photos from the phone to my computer. I could send mp3 files from my computer to the phone; the phone could play the mp3 but not use it as a ringtone.
I would like to send mp3s from my computer to the phone and use them as group ringtones.
I would like to send photos from my comptuer to the phone and use them as contact photos.
Thanks in advance.
09-03-2008 11:09:49 AM
09-03-2008 02:59:14 PM
That is probably true...only the Duo is capable to fully synching with the PC.
carlfoerster wrote:In a telephone conversation with Pantech today, 3 September 2008, they indicated that computer interface with the Breeze for loading addresses is not supported.
Samsung Galaxy S3
Prev. devices: Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
09-21-2008 04:50:31 PM - last edited on 09-22-2008 05:18:54 AM by Sentry
Message Edited by Sentry on 09-22-2008 08:18:54 AM
04-01-2009 09:29:04 PM
Quite frankly, going the USB route has proven WAY too complicated (at least for me). I bought a cable online that included a CD of what I thought was the appropriate software. In actuality, it was just a PDF file of installation instructions. For what it's worth, here they are (without the visuals):
1. Turn on your computer and make sure that the USB port is enabled and working properly.
2. Please ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet. Then please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/
3. Next, please select the Operating System that you are using, then follow the steps required by Microsoft in order to download the Microsoft Active Sync 4.5.
**Note: in order to download Active Sync, you have to register with Windows Mobile (i.e., fill out a form, have them confirm your e-mail address by sending an address confirmation, then once you do all of that you can go back and download Active Sync).**
4. Once you have downloaded the file successfully, please double click on the “Setup” icon to begin installing the driver.
5. The Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 setup windows will be displayed. Please click “Next” to begin the installation process.
6. Please review the License Agreement and select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” to continue. Then, click “Next” to continue.
7. Please enter the User Name and Organization and click “Next” to continue.
8. Next, please select the Destination Folder in which Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 will be installed. Click on the “Change” button if you want to install it in a different folder. Click “Next” to proceed to the next step.
9. Setup is now ready to install the Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5. Please click “Install” to continue.
10. Please wait until the setup is finished installing all the necessary drivers.
11. Setup has now finished installing all the needed files. Please click “Finish” to exit the wizard.
12. Please restart your computer by clicking the “Yes” button.
13. Once you have restarted your computer, please connect your phone to the computer by using the USB Data Cable. The Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 will recognize your phone and display the screen below. If your phone was not detected automatically, please try a different USB port in your computer. When you are ready, please click “Next” to continue.
14. Please enter a name for your computer. If you are using several computers, this name will be used by ActiveSync to differentiate the computers.
15. Please select the synchronization features that you need. You can select more than one option. Additionally, you can click on the “Settings” button to change the default settings.
16. The setup process has now been completed. Please click on the “Finish” button in order to start synchronizing your phone to your computer.
17. Please wait for a while for Microsoft ActiveSync to establish the connection to your phone. Once it finished, you will see the screen below.
18. The USB data cable driver installation has been completed successfully. You can now start to synchronize your phone to your computer.
The problem I'm now having is that my computer just can't seem to recognize the connection and no troubleshooting has been helpful. So if any of the above is beneficial to anyone, great. I, for one, am going to try Bluetooth instead
04-03-2009 06:09:48 PM
09-25-2009 01:07:36 PM
I have Windows XP and a Bluetooth thing that sticks into a USB port (it's cheap). And I downloaded and used a free program named Bluetooth File Sender from the Internet.
I was able to send MP3, WAV, and MIDI ringtones to my Pantech Breeze. I don't want to bother downloading photos from the Breeze, so I don't know about that problem.
09-25-2009 05:05:59 PM
Actually, Windows can do the ringtone upload to a Pantech Breeze.
Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
Follow the directions.
09-28-2009 11:24:41 AM
11-23-2009 08:32:16 AM
XP service pack 3.
After you buy a USB Bluetooth thing, and plug it in to your computer, Windows will automatically install drivers for it, and also create "Bluetooth Devices" in the Windows Control Panel.
02-10-2010 04:36:53 AM
Using Microsoft's Activesync will not work; Activesync is only for phones with Microsoft software on them, that is the phone's "operating system" or "software" is from Microsoft. The Pantech Breeze, and probably all Pantech phones, are not capable of USB communication, as the Pantech website has no drivers for this purpose. Here is their response to my query on the Pantech Breeze C520, indicating that Bluetooth is the way to go.
Thank you for contacting Pantech Technical Support.
Your Case Number for this issue is:
The Pantech Breeze (C520) does not have capability to connect to a computer via a data cable. The only method of transfereing files to and from the phone is through Bluetooth or Picture Messaging.
If you need to reply to this message, please click 'reply' to include all previous correspondence. This allows us to track your issue more efficiently and to resolve your issue more quickly. We hope your experience with us has provided you with an acceptable resolution to your issue.
Thank you for choosing the Pantech Wireless Online Support Team.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday / 8:00am-11:00pm / Eastern Standard Time
05-24-2010 01:43:41 PM
My Pantech Breeze P2000 did not come with a USB, so I once opened up the back of my phone, removed battery, removed the little memory card (upper left), and inserted into a universal card reader (multiple slots to fit many different memory cards). I downloaded photos off the card. This is not the easiest option, but it may work for some people whose phones didn't come with a USB connector cable.
12-08-2010 09:58:29 PM
Hi, I have a Pantech breeze C520. I need to download some pictures to my laptop. Please guide me how to do this and if I need any device or accessory. Thank you for your help.
12-07-2012 10:10:30 AM
You'll find the software for your Pantech here.
12-09-2012 05:54:51 PM
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.