janetc4864's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 5:27 PM

Why did channel numbers change? What all changed? Why weren't we notified?

I just noticed BBC changed from channel 187 to 122. Why? What else changed? Why weren't we notified?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for that reply, it was very informative.  I had no idea so many changes occur so frequently.  Very interesting.

As for a notification, I don't consider a post on some website somewhere a notice.  To me, a letter (to me) in the mail, or a phone call, or at least an email to me would be a notice.  I received no notice, and was upset when one of my favorite channels was gone. A google search gave me no information, but I did find this forum, join it, and post my question.  I shouldn't have to do this.

Anyways, thanks again for the response.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

The notice at the first link is a copy of an official notice by AT&T at 

http://att.com/U-verseprogrammingchanges

This note appeared on my bill last month to go look for it:

LEGAL NOTIFICATION
For information on upcoming U-verse TV programming changes
please consult the Legal Notices published in USA Today on the
first and third Tuesday of each month or our website
att.com/U-verseprogrammingchanges.

While a separate mailing would be nice, I'd rather not have my rates increased for the postage to pay for these announcements as often as they come out.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for that info. 

I'll have to look at the next statement I get in the mail.  I always toss bills after paying them, so don't have the last one.  Unless something catches my eye, all I look at is the amount owed and date due.

I appreciate your efforts to answer my question.

Thanks

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

I know you stated that you shouldn't have to come here to the forum to get answers and info about your service.  But this is one of the best places to get answers along with resources, and information to get issues resolved.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them.  There are plenty of people here who are ready, willing and able to offer you help.  There are times when information is posted here before AT&T will notify by mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

How many useless information channels are on ATT Uverse?  How many empty slots?  How about a channel that has upcoming changes?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.