dan.myers2229's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, July 4th, 2014 1:55 AM

Cannot change channels when on The Weather Channel

I can change channels anywhere on the line-up except when I go to the Weather Channel. The back button does not work, the numerical pad does not work. I have to use the channel up or down button to go to the next channel before the numerical pad works.

I sure hope I didn't make a mistake by leaving Time Warner!

Also The Weather Channel always shows U.S. weather instead of my local weather and radar. Sometimes ther OK button will take me interactive, but not always. When I do see the local weather, the radar picture is so small that it is ridiculous!

Am I stuck with this problem? Time Warner's version of the Weather Channel was way better!

Daniel

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

If on 1225, just push 'Exit to TV' and all Uverse functions return, takes you out of interactive mode.

Unluckily Uverse does not have WC's local on the 8s, as you were used to on many cable systems.  Here in metro Detroit we get weather on the 8s on WWJ Newsradio 950.

Channel 227 has bigger radar, local, state and region. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Why push Exit to Tv when I am already watching the TV? Why is it that The Weather Channel is so "sticky?" Other channels are not.

Daniel

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

Sometime last year, I believe in response to continued requests for a more suitable LOT8 feature, U-verse made The Weather Channel an application instead of just a channel.  Unlike most other applications at a channel (which make you press OK before launching the channel), The Weather Channel application automatically starts.

Applications don't work like normal video channels... you can't tune away from them as easily.  Pressing Exit To TV accomplishes exiting the application so the up/down channel navigation works.

The Weather Channel Application gives you tabs where you can select local information you'd like to see.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@dan.myers2229 wrote:

Why push Exit to Tv when I am already watching the TV? Why is it that The Weather Channel is so "sticky?" Other channels are not.

Daniel

You'll see the same thing when the World Cup soccer is on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2, press OK for the World Cup interactive, press 'Exit to TV' to dismiss it and have full Uverse control. 😉

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Pushing the Return to TV works. I just could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

Uverse needs to step up in the Weather Channel radar. It is truly pitiful! The other weather channel option is not much better. Twice I have had to get on my iphone to see real time radar for my location. That is just plain silly!

Daniel

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@dan.myers2229 wrote:

Pushing the Return to TV works. I just could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

Uverse needs to step up in the Weather Channel radar. It is truly pitiful! The other weather channel option is not much better. Twice I have had to get on my iphone to see real time radar for my location. That is just plain silly!

Daniel

It's the feed from Weather Channel on 1225, Uverse has nothing to do w/it.  227 has radar from Accuweather and more accurate, but for radar to be w/in 15 mins or less, I have Accuweather as my home page on my laptop. 😉

Chris

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

In response to what you stated..did this have to do with the stupid added programming that the weather channel added ever since NBC and had taken over it in 2008 that the people complained about so that they can just see their weather and not listen to all the babling by these actors on teh weather channel now.

It has become a non 24 hour constinuous weather channel now not originally what it was programmed for to begin with. Weather Nation and a few others offer 24 hour continous.

Weather Nation is a good concise right to the point 24hr continous weather programming station something that Uverse should have switched over.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@wxwatch wrote:

In response to what you stated..did this have to do with the stupid added programming that the weather channel added ever since NBC and had taken over it in 2008 that the people complained about so that they can just see their weather and not listen to all the babling by these actors on teh weather channel now.

It has become a non 24 hour constinuous weather channel now not originally what it was programmed for to begin with. Weather Nation and a few others offer 24 hour continous.

Weather Nation is a good concise right to the point 24hr continous weather programming station something that Uverse should have switched over.

Guess you don't know how Weather Nation works.  Local forecast/warning inserts are done by the system it is on.  How is ATT Uverse going to be able to do this, they have no on-air forecasters in each VHO location or weather forecasting abilities.

Localized weather forecast segments are provided by the participating WeatherNation TV affiliate, either in the form of pre-recorded segments conducted by the affiliate's weather staff or via a graphical forecast segment using the network's on-air graphics package...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeatherNation_TV#Programming

Smiley Surprised

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.