6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Slide2.JPG

If you are having issues with:

• Receiver resets
  • Loss of recordings
  • Pixilation
  • Freezing
  • Or any of these error messages above, check out our steps below to resolve your U-verse TV service:

Slide3.JPG

Rebooting the receiver is the quickest way to resolve most service issues:

• Press and hold the power button(located on the left side of the receiver) for 10 seconds.
  • Another way this can be done is unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, then plug it back in after 10 seconds.

Slide4.JPG

We recommend plugging our devices directly into the wall. If you must use a power strip, use the surge protectors that are designed for high powered electronics. Not doing this may result in:

• Receiver resets
  • Loss of recordings
  • Pixilation
  • Freezing

Make sure all connections (wall to receiver, receiver to TV) are placed firmly into the device. If the cables going from the wall to the equipment are damaged, feel free to contact us here.

Slide5.JPG

To avoid loosing your saved programs, perform the Non-Disaster Recovery for DVR/Receivers:

1. Unplug the receiver or DVR power cord from the wall or back of the box.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Plug in the receiver and DVR.
  4. When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the receiver/DVR again.
  5. Repeat this process two more times.
  6. Plug the receiver/DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen. If the Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above.

If you are still experiencing issues with you DVR after that, perform a Disaster Recovery on the device.

Disaster Recovery for DVR/Receivers:
WARNING!: Disaster Recovery steps will cause your DVR to lose all pre-existing data such as: Recordings, Parental control settings, Aspect ratio settings

1. Using the above image as guidance, hold down the Down arrow key + OK key +Power key outlined in red at the same time to power down the DVR.
  2. Continue pressing these keys until a gear appears on the screen and release the Down arrow + OK keys.
  3. If the gear on the TV screen appears, wait until completion.
  4. If the gear on the TV screen does not appear, repeat the disaster recovery process.

If the previous steps have been exhausted and the TV receiver continues to malfunction, please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance. If you are not a member of the U-verse community forums, we welcome you to register and reach out to us.

-ATTU-verseCare

4 Attachments

• 

2 Messages

One thing to consider.

The AT&T router is not very smart. If you switch the network cables to different ports, you may cause a problem.

1. Power down the router (unplug it)

2. Power down the uverse set to box (unplug it)

3. Disconnect all devices from the router including wireless devices. This includes phones and printers. Hint: disconnect your phone last: use Smart Home Manager to ensure all devices disconnect.

4. Power up the router

5. Power up the uverse set top box

It should now work.

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

For a more comprehensive list of error messages and other troubleshooting steps go to:

RESOLVING ERROR MESSAGES FOR U-VERSE TV

Troubleshooting Red X on screen:

A RED X on your TV screen caused by the U-verse receiver represents a boot failure, possible network issue, or hardware problem. It is recommended to check connections and attempt to power cycle the receiver by unplugging the power cord and plugging back in after 10 seconds.

If this is unsuccessful perform a disaster recovery by following the steps below. If this is a DVR, these steps will cause the receiver to lose all pre-existing data such as recordings, parental control settings, and aspect ratio settings.

Hold down the down arrow key and OK key, press the Power key to powercycle the receiver.

• Wait until a gear appears on the screen before releasing the down and OK keys.
  • A gear appears on the screen with a status bar at the bottom.
    • If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the disaster recovery process.
    • If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

• 

1 Message

i have tried this nothing works!the repair guy came this am said he needed to get into a locked rooma at my apartment ,but manager didnt respond so he left ,when the manager called back she said there is no electrical in there ! i have my 87 year old father with me with no TV!,, Not Happy,!!

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello mack_p,

I hope this information was helpful! I also recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help you diagnose any future issues. Thank you for the opportunity to help you!

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have gone through the hard reboot process and I get the gearand status bar on my screen but it never progresses the status bar at all. After 5-10 minutes iI just get the red x screen (no dots, just the x) I have tried using the ethernet cable directly from the wall as well as through my router and no go. What should I do now?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It was working earlier today, we disconected and moved the system around then reconnected and double checked all connections and it still isnt working. My other two tv's work but this box will not. Wifi is also working so I know the house wiring works. Im gonna have a go with removing all wires and reconnecting tomorrow and if it doesnt work out ill have to calltech support iI suppose.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I also had a red X on the screen, first with a 10 under it then with an 8. I tried the resetting instructions and now the power button just flashes. Any help?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @protege01 ,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your U-verse receiver, but I will be glad to help. If after power cycling and resetting the receiver and still having the red X, there may be an issue with the receiver, and it might need to be replaced. I can help with that and will be sending you a private message, so we can assist you further.

Thank you,

David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue although mine is a Red X and the #11.

I've done the DR and the X is still there.   Do I need to swap out receivers? This receiver is the main receiver that is connected to ethernet. We have no other wifi issues and our other receiver is working perfectly. 

I appreciate the help.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @mrlucas ,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your DVR. It sounds like it may need to be replaced, because it is still having the same problem after a disaster recovery. We can definitely help with that, and I will be sending you a private message to help out.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the quick response and help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.