cmeans's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 2:05 AM

Interrupt a TV... Help

Have had UVERSE for a number of years.  I have 5 STB's.  For some reason, On one of the STB's it continuously asks me to interrupt a TV to view HD tv.

At first, I though that other STB's were on.  I went through the house to verify, and they were not.

Only 2 STB's are on, and no recordings are happening.  The interrupt query comes on anytime I change channels (either directly or through the Guide)

Has anyone else had this problem.  Anybody notice a software update?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

You say you have done reset(s). But, it is important to synchtonize your boxes by doing resets in order.

Pull all the power.

Repower RG, wait for all green

Repower DVR, wait for viewing.

Repower others.

If that does not work -

With all those STBs - Do you have COAX? make sure all connections are tight. would you be able to tell if the connections at a spltter or diplexer are reversed?

If you have cat5, do you have any extra switches/routers? Do not mix internat devices & STBs on the same leg back to the RG.

Employee

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Just reset RG and STB's  still the same issue

Employee

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

More info.  It does it on any stb that is not the DVR.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@cmeans wrote:

More info.  It does it on any stb that is not the DVR.

Are you recording anything at the time?  Each recording takes 1 of the 4 incoming streams, possibly making it unavailable to an STB unless watching the recording channel. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Employee

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

from my opening post

"Only 2 STB's are on, and no recordings are happening.  The interrupt query comes on anytime I change channels (either directly or through the Guide)"

Employee

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanx.  Resetting the DVR I think did the trick.  Noticed other issues, like rewind and pause did not work on other stb's.  Images on the guide also did not change when scrolling.  

Cannot say for certain it was the DVR, but I did power down the complete systems.  Brought the rg up to operation, then the DVR and then the STB's.

Will have to keep watch.  May need to have the DVR replaced (been in place for 5 years)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Why should I have to even do that? ATT should make it way more simple that that to correct an issue they are responsible for. Cable tv sucks!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

When in doubt, reboot!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks.... been there, done that. Unfortunately is didn't help.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

If a Whole House Reboot doesn't work, you either need new equipment (RG, DVR or STB) or you need a tech visit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.