Protect yourself online
gwen_2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 2:05 PM

had DSL now have Uverse, can not send email from my sbcglobal.net account HELP

Had DSL now I have Uverse, I can't send email from my sbcglobal.net account HELP

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hello, Gwen Gant

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I was able to locate your U-verse account and I believe your issue has been caused due to a registration error. I'll be glad to assist you in getting this resolved today. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Are you able to fix my account as well?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

This was a transfer thread from the get social website merged here.  To contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your sending email problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST, response can take up to 2 business days.

This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I got Uverse about two weeks ago (fromDSL), and I haven't been able to get to my sbclgobal.net email in almost a week. I wasnt here when it was installed so I'm not privy to if/why my email is no longer working just because the switch. Very frustrating,please help me.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

You can't access webmail or your email client isn't working?  If it's your client what are you using?  Outlook?  What year?

You might try to reference this support article for instructions on how to set up the more popular mail clients.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&cv=803#fbid=xwIhMQMEzYO

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello bodily, you could have lost access to your sbcglobal.net account if it was not registered during your U-verse installation. I have sent you a private message to gather some account details and help you restore access to this account.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Great, thanks I have sent you the info.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This remote support seems to be getting me nowhere. I've been unable to access my sbcglobal.net email since 10/2. Who can I call about this?

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello bodily,

I'm sorry about any misunderstanding we are having trying to communicate. I have offered assistance to help you through private messaging and have attempted reaching you by phone to gather additional details I need to proceed. Please let me know when I can try contacting you again.

Thank You,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have a similar problem.  We switched from DSL to U-Verse last spring.  At the time, we were not told that it would effect our email addresses or login.  I can still access my primary sbcglobal.net email, but my daughter's email address, which was a sub-account of my primary, has been de-activated.  I tried to restore it online, but when I log in, I am no longer able to manage sub-accounts.

I spoke to ATT Customer Service by phone and was told that by switching to U-Verse, all of my sbcglobal.net accounts were now considered "free" accounts, and that I could no longer access or manage my sub-accounts.

I politely explained that I have stayed with ATT many years so that I could maintain my email addresses, and that they most certainly were not "free".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.