Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 12:17 AM

Yahoo email: Error code 475

Hi,

I can't send email from my yahoo account. It gets returned with the message:

Error code 475: Suspicious activity was detected on your account

I see no suspicious activity on my account. I am currently in Poland, so maybe it's because I'm sending e-mails from here? But I've visited Europe many times and never had this happened. I tried resetting my password but that hasn't fixed the problem. Help?

yours,

Jacob

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Yes. Your email account has been suspended due to activity from outside your usual area.
You will have to verify from a known computer when you return home.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

What else could be causing this error?

I use a particular email address very sparingly and have not used it to subscribe/buy/enlist/post anywhere (except just now signing up for this forum!).  I am in an email conversation with two other people and tried to reply all.  I got two separate bounces 

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<ha*******@gmail.com>:
Error code 475: Suspicious activity was detected on your account

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

I don't use the account for more than a handful of emails a week, and I don't see any signs of my account being hacked.

-no changes in settings

-no returned/rejected notices from anyone I haven't sent an email to

-no complaints/replies regarding spam sent from my account

I did a global websearch on the address to see if it had been distributed somewhere on some forum, but it didn't come up.  

How do I find out what caused this problem? 

How do I fix it without deleting the email account and establishing another?

Any info would be appreciated.

Richard

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do I fix error code 475 ?

Associated Member

• 

61 Messages

8 years ago

Hi 

This error is caused by activity on your account that has triggered yahoomail filters. Usually, you may not have personally triggered the filter. It may be wise to update or reset your email password to ensure it hasn't been compromised and used to send spam by a hacker and also to do a pc scan to ensure your computer hasn't been infected by a virus or malware.

The spam filter will clear on its own within minimum under 12 hrs or up to 24-48 hours as long as you refrain from sending large amounts of email or sending mail to large groups.

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

"You will have to verify from a known computer when you return home."

I am getting this error message and assume it is also because I am in a new country--or more probably, because I have just sent several messages in Spanish. Hello, I am in MEXICO and using a LANGUAGE I KNOW (sort of) to connect with POTENTIAL LANDLORDS.

I am using a known computer--the same laptop I use in the US. I will be here for the next six months and I am suddenly unable to continue the conversations I've started with several people I want to rent from.

Are you seriously telling me I have no recourse but to scrap my AT&T account?

This looks like the final push to switch to Gmail, but I am not looking forward to re-sending the twenty inquiries I sent today.

Please advise!

Amy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am getting hundreds of “sorry we can’t deliver your message” and a note “error code 475”. My email address is sbcglobal.net. I changed my yahoo password but this is still happening. I know a hacker is sending spam from my address but how do I stop it?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I changed my yahoo password but this is still happening. I know a hacker is sending spam from my address but how do I stop it?

If you changed your password how could the hacker still be sending emails from your account?  But if you were hacked there some other things you need to check.   Log into your webmail to verify and/or remove suspicious filters and other account settings like forwarding specifications.  Click the gear->settings and from there you can access the Accounts and Filters.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.