Posted Feb 6, 2013
Does AT&T still support (and have) iMAP mail services?

I know that we have POP3 mail services.

Is iMAP for Mac mail clients?

What are the differences?

What are the settings for iMAP services?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
2-7-2013 5:28:12 PM
(0)

paulgarcia wrote:

IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is a feature supported by most mail clients. To my knowledge though, it is not available on Uverse with your standard mail clients.

The easiest way to think of IMAP is like a webmail client. All the messages are there and can be accessed by multiple devices. Any changes are done server side. POP3 downloads all your messages to the one device you have it setup on.

Although Uverse does not work with IMAP on most mail clients, it does use IMAP on cell phone applications. The settings are as follow:

• Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  • User name: full email address (for example, bill@yahoo.com or bill@rocketmail.com)
  • Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Does AT&T still support (and have) iMAP mail services?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 7, 2013
(0)

paulgarcia wrote:

IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is a feature supported by most mail clients. To my knowledge though, it is not available on Uverse with your standard mail clients.

The easiest way to think of IMAP is like a webmail client. All the messages are there and can be accessed by multiple devices. Any changes are done server side. POP3 downloads all your messages to the one device you have it setup on.

Although Uverse does not work with IMAP on most mail clients, it does use IMAP on cell phone applications. The settings are as follow:

• Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  • User name: full email address (for example, bill@yahoo.com or bill@rocketmail.com)
  • Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.
If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Re: Does AT&T still support (and have) iMAP mail services?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 7, 2013
(0)

I have yet to try this @david_t. I'll let you know if this works. Thanks for the help, sir!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 7, 2013
(0)

Check it:

Server Settings for Popular Email Providers : http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=33462&cv=820#fbid=6aV-HeuQ5BF

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 10, 2013
(0)

paulgarcia,

Did David's information answer your questions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2013
(0)

No problem. Let us know how it goes. I am kind of curious to see if it works.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 22, 2014
(0)

Is IMAP the only way to 'sync' email?  I have two email accounts.  On one (not ATT/Yahoo), I am able to delete emails on my phone and they deleted from my pc and the other way around.  With my ATT/Yahoo POP account, I've just given up on cleaning up my email.  Is there a way to 'sync' my email so that I see the same thing on my iphone, ipad, pc and apple laptop?  I am able to do this with some other services but I've been using this ATT/yahoo for many, many years, and love the service and all the ways to get support...