Posted Sep 12, 2012
New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-13-2012 5:28:26 PM
(0)
HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

189 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(189)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2012
(0)

I hate it too. I found my old one at www.my.yahoo.com.  Still works, so far.......

Re: new home page

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

I got my custom home page back by going to yahoo.com and typing:  http://my.yahoo.com.  Thank you all for the suggestions.

Yippee - got my old home page back!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

YES!!! First post I read and now I've got it back, too. Thanks!

I absolutely HATE the new home page.

Re: Yippee - got my old home page back!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

Many, many thanks to Art333 for posting the link to the old home page. It works, at leasy for now. Maybe even the pointy-haired boss who thought the change would be a good idea and approved it will get the idea, when the hits to the new page go down by 90%.

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

I really, really, really dislike the new web home page. It makes me dizzy. Whoever came up with this must have a very short attention span, who can't look at anything for more than a second. I can't get past the initial block of pictures due to its distraction.

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

You should have saved the money and lowered our rates instead of wasting it (our money) developing this awful mess.  The design and development teams get a F- for this one.

The New AT&T.NET ... is awful, gets a F-

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

Hi.

Yes I noticed all of this as well. Also, my weather defaults to Richardson, Texas and I have to arrow to get to my city, even tho it is set as default. I noticed the weather thing is not ATT, but Yahoo. I found the my.yahoo.com still works for now, but is still branded with the ATT logo if I log in. The weather on My Yahoo also shows Richardson, Texas. What in the world is in Richardson, Texas? Yahoo or ATT doesn"t even have any offices even near there.

The customization, etc. is gone...that is ATT. The weather defaulting to the wrong location I believe is Yahoo.

I agree if ATT doesn't rethink this homepage design people will find other "homepages" and there are plenty of them out there. Just because we use ATT internet service does not mean we must use their homepage...or even their email for that manner.

C'mon ATT....make your customers satisfied.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

I just noticed that on the "new" ATT.net homepage, near the top wear it says "MORE" ther is a link to My Yahoo on there. Wow! Was that always there or did they just add that because of all the complaints? It's there, tho!! Check it out. It is still customizable...for now.

Concerning New ATT.net Homepage

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

I followed the advice of art333, typed in http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever and voila! there it was. now I just click on the drop down arrow everytime I go to my home page and it's nice again!

Re: New ATT homepage

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

The constant changing of the information on the new home page is distracting.  I really prefer the old "myyahoo" page, which I understand will be discontinued.

Am I alone or are others unhappy with the new home page format. It really slows my machine.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 15, 2012
(0)

How do I make changes to the new ATT home page?

how do I make changes in the new Home page

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2012
(0)

I have tried for 2 days now to try to find out how to restore all my Bookmarks, which is main reason I go to the "old" ATT Home page...plus want to delete all the streaming video newscrap they now have, which does nothing more than increase the download bandwidth when I bring up my webpage....this is probably intentional on ATT's part - help push the User over the 5GB maximum ASAP, and bring in more bucks for them.

Does anybody, repeat ANYBODY, have a clue how to go about editing, modifying, deleting, etc these new features which have about as much use to me as the well-known mammary glands on wild male razorbacks.  HELP.

ray9640

Absolutely Agree! New Page is pure garbage, typical ATT crap!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

This is new to me as well but we are totally honked about the new format.  I've looked at the links and it DOES appear -- for now -- we can go back to the old format.  Is it me or is AT&T dumbing down their home pages:  fewer and fewer words and more pictures??  This is awful, makes it difficult to figure out what the "story" is, and slows everything down.  What a joke!  I think their focus group for developing this must have been elementary and middle schoolers!  Sorry kids, I honestly don't wish to offend you!

I just hope someone -- anyone -- from AT&T is monitoring this site so they can see what a cobble job they have made of this.  And it just makes me sick the money I have paid them in my bills is going to stuff like this!

Has anyone at AT&T tried the "new Coke" yet?  Has anyone at AT&T heard the "new Coke" story??

I'm looking for a new home page.....

Re: Am I alone or are others unhappy with the new home page format. It really slows my machine.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

The only reason I stayed with SWBell / SBC / ATT for all of these years is because of the customizable (and highly customized) home pages.  Now that this once excellent feature is gone, it's time to switch to Google.  Goodbye ATT Yahoo!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

Markiebeau, your instructions regarding how to change the new homepage back to My Yahoo are wonderful.  Not only do the instructions allow me to once again quickly gain access to real news rather than celebrity blather, it saves power on my mobile devices.  You have done what neither AT&T nor Yahoo would provide.  Thank you.

Re: Concerning New ATT.net Homepage

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)

I put up with the new portal for a few days and found the discussion forum in my search for a way to complain to ATT.  The work around to get to the old portal is terrific!  How long it will last is an open question. Still looking for a place to complain, I wonder if anyone at ATT reads the forum posts?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)

One more thing - anyone who gets the solution here in the forum should give kudos to the post for the solution.  Maybe that will draw attention to the problem to the powers that be at ATT.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)

The new homepage came up without any notice & with no option to use your old one.  The http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever link will take to your old homepage but I don't know how long this will last.  Please give me an option for our old homepages before I go looking for another service provider.

New ATT Page - Please Let People Get Their Old Homepage Back!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

We do not like the new homepage. How can we Customize our new att homepage?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I don't know about you but this new home page sucks, I was so happy with my old page. I could find everything on my home page. This new home page only has what they want.

How do you get your old home page back? The new one sucks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I totally agree!  It seems that once again commercial interests take preference over individuals'.  With the old one, I could see many things at first glance; now, there is one big picture from the news that I'm not likely to want to see.  To get down to the band of news stories, I have to scroll down.  Then, when I want to search or go to a particular website, I have to scroll up.

Please, please, please!  let us opt to keep the previous format!

Re: How do you get your old home page back? The new one sucks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)
I want the other page back. Everything I was interested in was on that page. This one is confusing and I can get nothing local. It also tells me I have no mail when I do.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2012
(0)

Can anyone say "New Coke?!" :smileyfrustrated:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2012
(0)

Change the new default home page by removing att. following the //

Re: Want custom home page back

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2012
(0)

If you're using Internet Explorer, on your menu bar go to Tools, and at the bottom of the pulldown menu, Internet Options, General Tab, take out everything in the Home Page box, and enter: http://www.my.yahoo.com/. Then hit apply, then OK at the bottom of the page. When you hit on your Home tab (Small House Icon) it will take you where you want to be. Just sign in as you normally would. Should be all set!!

Re: HERE IS THE FIX

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2012
(0)

So has ATT replied and committed to fix this nightmare of a :new" home page. I've stayed on with ATT for a long time but if they push this new home page and eliminate our customized and comfortable current myyahoo page I'm going to find a new internet provider

JosephB_1 wrote:

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

o an new Internet provider.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 21, 2012
(0)

Sundaze77 wrote:

So has ATT replied and committed to fix this nightmare of a :new" home page. I've stayed on with ATT for a long time but if they push this new home page and eliminate our customized and comfortable current myyahoo page I'm going to find a new internet provider

JosephB_1 wrote:

o an new Internet provider.

Look at the post right above yours. The fix is simple.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2012
(0)

This new web design sucks! I have bad sites and the flashing of the stories make me dizzy. Why don't you let us decide if we like it or not? I thought this was a free country. But no!  You shove this new design down our throats. You should give us the option to change it back!

I HATE IT!!!

Bonnie

[edited for privacy]

Re: att.net beta - Feedback

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2012
(0)

This newly formatted (home page) is awful and I didn't  ask for it or like it.  I Want to go back to the way it was I liked it much better.  This is really a mess and very hard to read and understand. Wy can't uses leave well enough alone. Why can't we make our owe choice. You get use too it one way then you change it your way with out notice. Not  caring about the people who use it or pay for the service.  It should be are choice not yours. I SERIOUSLY have to wonder if you work for AT&T. The new format is NOT pretty, and certainly not EASY to use. The old format was customizable, and much easier to use. If this is the direction Windows is headed in, and the format that they plan to use, they need to go back to the drawing boarded does not mean better.

Re: att.net beta - Feedback

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 23, 2012
(0)

Anyone get an answer to this subject.....I ABSOLUTELY HATE the new home page. I want to be able to add my own customized content, and place it on the page in what ever order I want.

Seriously thinking of picking a new home page and getting rid of ATT all together.

Re: personalize home page