Posted Sep 12, 2012
New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-13-2012 5:28:26 PM
(0)
HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

189 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(189)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I had an online chat with their customer service. Not much sympathy there. Nothing I could do about it, can't change it. Sucks! Some up & comer got a promotion and felt he had to pee on our bush to mark his territory by changing our stuff that we pay for whether we like it or not. Happens all the time with web pages, sad to say. Sort of like Facebook, they don't seen to care what we want. I was told that it's easier. Yea, right! How can they think it's easier when you have to make several clicks to navigate to something that was right there in front of you before. Fools!. Makes me wonder about today's college grads. Hopefully they will realize the mistake, though I doubt it, and give us the choice to go back, like Windows classic or new view. Not that I'm a big fan of MS, at least they gave us a choice. Listen up AT&T, people don't like what you have done. 

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Agreed 100%.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I couldn't agree more. I'm sure there are tons of disgruntled, unhappy customers that are right now looking. What ATT has done is show a total disrespect for their customer base and dictated exactly what we can or more likely CAN'T do on their (not our) homepage. Some pencil necked geek probably thought this might fly and changed everything regardless of what the consumer wants. What a great way to lose market share. ATT needs to wake up and allow people to choose what they want on THEIR homepage. Many people are going to be jumping from this ship as more and betters services are becoming available every day! To bad they don't realize that people don't appreciate spending money to be dictated to!! IS ANYONE LISTENING?????

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)
Even this ATT page is stupid. Can't reply to someone';s specific comment.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

This homepage change is absolutely awful. I've spent hours searching for just the right RSS feeds and other personalized things for my homepage, and this unannounced switch lost everything! Why can't we heep out personilizations? Why wen't we even warned of these so that we can save them, or at least list them. How RUDE and UNCARING of AT&T. I will find another homepage to personalize now, unless there is something I can't see that will retrieve everything.

This homepage change is absolutely awful. This unannounced switch lost all my personalizations!.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Are you listening ATT?   I want my old homepage back.  Incredibly poor form on your part.  This new one is unattractive, uncustomizable and will be short lived on my computers if not fixed quickly.

Re: This homepage change is absolutely awful. This unannounced switch lost all my personalizations!.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Why was my customized news page removed ? I want old one back!!!! The new one is crap!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

What is ATT thinking?  I have lost all my personalized content.  The new att.yahoo.com is UGLY.

GIVE ME BACK MY HOMEPAGE

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

How do I get my bookmarks back?

Where are my bookmarks? My whole LIFE is in those bookmarks?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Absolutely HATE the new Att.net.  Have already changed my homepage.  Will be changing my e-mail so I never have to see an att/yahoo generated page. 

Re: GIVE ME BACK MY HOMEPAGE

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

mf73, I am testing a reply to your post to see if it works.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

mf73, My reply to your post did not work, even though the screen says I am replying to your specific post.  I am now trying the "Quick Reply" to see if that works.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever).

Thanks to ART333 for posting this.  It worked for me.

YOUR OLD CUSTOMIZED HOMEPAGE AND BOOKMARKS ARE STILL AVAILABLE AT

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Send them all "Feedback"! We have to let them know how unhappy we are!  Let's tell them what we think of the unannounced change!! Losing all of our personalization is totally unacceptable.

To give Feedback on the new ATT homepage, scroll to the bottom and go to "Feedback".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I hate this new home page, I don't even like yahoo and now it is forced on me.  Thanks but no thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I gave them feedback about the beta version two weeks ago which was exactly what everyone is saying - no customization, and potential loss of important stuff.  It galls me that they think they know what's best.  People should be fired over stuff like this.  I have re-set my homepage to something else and am looking at discontinuing my relationship with AT&T altogether.  $$$$ is the only thing they will understand.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

It is a big failure of judgement for AT&T not to advise their users of this way to opt out of their self-made fisasco!

HERE IS THE FIX

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Ok, this sucks. I hate this new AT&T page, so they plan on listening to their customers. Can't even customize anything. BLAH, might consider changing to another internet provider.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I lost all my personal favorites in the bottom right side of my homepage.

How do I get my old Home Page back?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)
how can I get my old home page back? I do not like this one.

Re: How do I get my old Home Page back?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Thank you so much. I just got off the phone with ATT and was coming here to gripe even more. Stupid thing for them to do.

Re: HERE IS THE FIX

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I was just reading through all the complaints here. When I talked to the ATT rep on the phone, he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently they need to read their own messageboard.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Someone is monitoring, editing, moving our messages.  Why haven't THEY told us how to get our old homepage and bookmarks back?  Why did ATT tell me the bookmarks had been deleted and could not be retrieved?  Until I found my old stuff still intact at my.yahoo.com, I was LIVID and ready to find someone other than ATT as a provider.  I learned how from someone posting on this board.  Why did ATT make this change without warning?  I wasted the entire morning trying to get my bookmarks back.  SO irresponsible!  So uncommunicative!  SO uncoordinated!  SO garbled!  SO not improved!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I can't come up with a word negative enough to describe how I feel about this mess of a "home" page. Nothing homey about it. Anyone have a suggestion for a customizable home page?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NEW HOMEPAGE!!!!

At least for now I found my old page-yeah!!!  Go to my.yahoo.com while signed in.....it worked for me.

AT&T stop asssuming you know whats best.....obviously you don't!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

I feel your pain but I found my old page!   I went to my.yahoo.com and it was there!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

Thank you very much, so far this is working for me.  I can't believe ATT didn't post this info on the web site.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

As others have posted it's possible to find myyahoo, I first googled Yahoo.com   and it had options.  Clicked on My Yahoo and got to my customized page.  Then I clicked on the "house" - homepage icon in the tool bar and clicked on Add or Change Home Page.  Then click Use This as My Only Homepage.  So far it is working.  First, they raised my rates 3 months in a row (no loyalty discounts) now this.  Who needs it.

p.s. their page is full of garbage. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2012
(0)

oops, spoke too soon.  my icon to get onto internet takes me to the new page so I had to google to my yahoo again. This time I added it to favorites and now have to do  a d*** circus act to get to it.  hate you att