Need help connecting your router?
markrfuchs's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2013 7:16 PM

I tried to watch a Netfix movie, but it keep stopping to load every few minutes! Is this because there isn't enough bandwith in U-verse?

I tried to watch a Netfix movie, but it keep stopping to load every few minutes! Is this because there isn't enough bandwith in U-verse?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

Netflix will scale the quality of the video to match the bandwidth of your connection.  Sometimes latency, or issues on the connection between Netflix's Content Delivery Network and AT&T can cause buffering.  Try some other streaming service to see if the problem seems to be with Netflix or with your connection in general.

Report back and we'll do our best to guide you further.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What internet tier are you on?  Here is a link to the different packages and the features they support: AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. Just started with U-verse.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello Mark Fuchs, I'm sorry you are experiencing an interruption while streaming video on Netflix. BeeBee SA and Jeffer MC brought up some excellent points regarding these video streaming services. The internet speed you chose will make a notable difference when it comes to streaming video. Although you are able to stream video with the lower speeds it is recommended to have 18mbps or higher for best results. I will be glad to research your account and perform some tests to determine if there are any problems with your network or help you get the speed that fits your needs. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account in detail. Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the help and education on U-verse. I am hoping to learn more

from reading information in the forum. I had just moved to my new home and

Direct TV offered internet through AT&T. Now I learn that U-verse has a TV

package as well. I am not under contract to Direct TV, so I might just make

the move to a full AT&T package, if the price is right!

Mark (Removed for security reasons)

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Community Mailer

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome markrfuchs! I have sent you a private message with some quotes so you can get an idea of what the pricing is like. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem. Amazon Prime and Hulu.com work find but Netflix seem to be the problem. Sometimes Netflix freezes but most of the time the audio track will not synch up with the video track.

Jess

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

10 years ago

We have the 12 mb tier and have no netflix streaming issues. No need to have 18 mb for netflix. I think netflix recommends 6 mb or more.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I agree with the above poster. No need for 18 mb tier. 12 mb tier works fine.

I've checked my speed with http://www.speedtest.net/. Always runs between 10 and 11 mb and usually hits 11+.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

My suggestion would be to go into your RGs control panel via 192.168.1.254

Get the Device Access Code/System Password from the side of the RG, it is NOT the same as the wireless network key. Then goto your wireless network configuration page. Find the wireless channel and make sure it's NOT on AUTO. If it is, lock it into a channel besides 1, 6, or 11. I usually use 9. I'd be willing to bet money it will at least make it better. It won't always fix it, but that auto channel feature is garbage and they should remove it from the gateways.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.