Posted Sep 10, 2013
How can I get a replacement for my modem?

How can I get a replacement for my modem? The one I have seems to be burning out. Every so often it stops working. When I try to reach the Internet sometimes I can reach my gmail account and the google homepage but nothing else. Sometimes I can not reach anything. I get these error messages:

HTTP/1.0 302 Found Location: /cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha Pragma: no-cache Content-Type: text/html

and

WARNING:    Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)

The Motorola NVG510 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection which may impact your service. This problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.

Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).

Click the "Do not show" button to permanently disable this warning in the future.

Click on the "Continue" button to notify you in the future if this situation persists.

also

WARNING:    DSL Failed to Connect (Message ID: NAD-3305)

The Motorola NVG510 device does not currently detect a DSL signal or is having problems connecting to your Broadband service.

To restore your broadband connection:

1. If your device is connected to a DSL phone filter, make sure it is connected to the filter jack labeled DSL and make sure the filter is connected using the green data cable to the device port labeled DSL.

2. If your device is not connected to a DSL phone filter, verify that the telephone cable is still properly connected between a working wall jack and the device port labeled DSL.

3. Make sure all phones, answering machines or other devices which connect to a phone jack have a DSL phone filter attached.

After checking the above items, click on the "Check Connection" button to retry connection to your Broadband service.

If the problem persists, please contact the AT&T Help Desk at 1-800-288-2020.

The service light on my modem goes red. The broadband light is green and blinking. Sometimes the ethernet light blinks. The power light is solid green.

Thanks for your help.

How can I get a replacement for my modem?

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 10, 2013
(0)

This may be a problem with your NVG 510, or it may be a line problem.  An AT&T representative can help you with either problem.  They staff this forum and should be along within a few hours to help you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I get a replacement for my modem?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013
(0)

Hello janpotocki , I'm sorry about the service interruption you are experiencing. I can help you determine what the source of the problem is and coordinate a resolution. I have sent you a private message to discuss our path going forward.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2014
(0)

I am new to the community and Im having the same issue. I have had an ATT person to the house and they have checked the lines. She said we were good. Even on nice days, no wind or rain it will just reboot I guess. I get the "Gui" message as I watch the modem restart. Theres no slowdown or warnig it just restarts. At this point I think its a hardware issue and would like a replacement. I have been on the ATT site but couldnt find anything about replacement hardware. 

Signed

Frustated to point off....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2014
(0)
Campfire3388 - Sounds like the broadband signal is failing. Call in for a remote test. Replacing the RG may be the first step. May be enough. Or, line work may be needed.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.