Posted Sep 28, 2013
45 mbps

im getting 45 mbps speed installed on tues and have a question been trying to look for this stuff allnight but do't feel i found this answer. right now i have uverse tv and 24 mbps intenret and its going coaxel from the main att box outside to my gateway. I know you need a new gateway for this speed and i have been unable to find any info on if they will still be using coaxel for this install or be forced to run cat five which is not a option seeing im a renter of a house if they can't use coaxel i will have to stick with 24 mbps.

45 mbps

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
ACE - Expert

It'll fit right into your setup as it is, only thing changed is the RG. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 45 mbps

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
Tutor

alright thanks for the fast reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
Employee
Sorry to disagree but the 589 RG used on providing the Power tier internet is on a bonded pair, two lines used at NID, must be on a cat5 Ethernet cable from NID to RG placement. This means a new wire will be needed. YES the 589 has a coax feed, it is output only to TVs HPNA coax. The input for the RG CANNOT be a diplexer.
Ask your management for permission to run new wires, tech will need written constent or will not be able to do install.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
Employee
INSTALLATION/SERVICE

You will be responsible for payment of service charges for visits by AT&T or its subcontractors to your premises when a service request results from causes not attributable to AT&T or its subcontractors, including, but not limited to, when you are unwilling to complete troubleshooting steps requested by AT&T. You will provide AT&T and its subcontractors with reasonable access to your premises in order to install, maintain, and repair the Service and you authorize any other adult resident or guest at your residence to grant access to your premises for these purposes. You understand and agree that AT&T may drill, cut, and otherwise alter improvements on the premises (including walls, flooring, and/or other surfaces) in order to install, maintain, or repair the Service. If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of amulti-tenant environment (e.g., apartment building, condominium, private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including but not limited to the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow AT&T andits subcontractors reasonable access to install, maintain, and repair the Service and to make any alterations AT&T deems appropriate for the work to be performed.

You acknowledge that AT&T may use existing wiring, including altering the wiringand removing accessories, located within your unit ("Inside Wiring"). You warrant that you ownor control the Inside Wiring, and give AT&T permission to use, alter, and remove equipment from, such wiring. Without limiting any other provisions of this TOS, you agree to indemnify AT&T from and against all claims by an owner, landlord, building manager, or other party in connection with installation, maintenance, repair, or provision of the Services.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
Tutor

i was just told by service repon phone that they would not ned to run anymore wires seeing my house already has the pair bonding that was set up when i first had uverse installed she told me they will just have to do work at the att box down the allie and put new gate way in and not require any new wiring.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)
Employee
Your first post states you have a coax feed from NID to RG, if this is correct will need rewiring.
If your inside wiring is not coax but phone line, pull wall plate and look at inside wiring, if quad (red, green, bck, yellow) will need to be replaced with cat5.
If current wiring is cat3, tech may use but official technical correct wiring is cat5, if install is placed on less, and you have sync issues the repair tech dispatched shuld be changing it to cat5. Currently any new bonded pair installs are to be on cat5, period. If your living space is newer l(less than 10 years old) may have cat 5 already installed, but 90% of all bonded 589s will require new wiring.

There is no way a phone rep (who is not a tech) can answer your question unless you took pics and sent or camera feed to actual see wiring at both NID, inside wire runs, and behind connections.

Be safe, get permission as required before tech arrives or have owner of premise present at time of tech visit.

Review post above from terms of service agreement. http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013
(0)
Tutor

Hello,

The coax will not work. It could with a HPN Balun but it will only be one pair. You still need a second pair. My advice is get your sevice off the Coax. You should have a clean Cat 5/6 twisted pair run. It will work better. As for the customer service rep, the do not see the field. They are learning the NVG 589 modem. The reality is you need to get off the coax. Once you get the 45/6 speed and it was done clean. You will be happy. See if you can get your land lords premission. It's worth it.