For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
j.d.b.'s profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 12:59 AM

Closed

Data usage:Why am I not allowed to know .....?

Can anyone tell me WHY I am NOT allowed to know how much U-Verse data I use? I have spoken to at least five AT&T reps. at length. Apparently data usage is a big secret. The "data usage since last bill" page is inop. They know it, they say it will be up, but they can't say when. REALLY?. The page has a message to the effect of "you don't need to know your data usage for billing purposes, we'll let you know if you're close to or over your limit". That's unacceptable. I pay for 250 gig. Why can't I know how much I use? They must know in order to notify me or bill me for overages.  I'm allowed to see how much data I use on my AT&T wireless, AT&T home phone minutes, natural gas, electricity, water, gasoline, etc. I pay for. Why not U-Verse data usage? Maybe I'm buying too much? How can I know whether they are billig me correctly if they say I go over? The practice smells suspicious. Not one rep was able to answer. They behave as though I'm the only person who wishes to know what I am buying, and the first they have heard the question.

Thanks for reading this far.

Josh

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

@j.d.b. wrote:

Okay, I just got a definititive answer from an AT&T rep. There is NO cap on U-Verse at this time. If they do bring on a cap we will all be notified by e-mail before it goes into effect. At that time they will set up their metering page.

Which is exactly what we told you as early as the 2nd post in this thread.

The part where I'm confused is, if you wanted an answer only from an AT&T rep, why did you ask the question on a peer-to-peer community forum, since clearly, that isn't good enough for you?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

I'm glad j.d.b. was able to get his answer, I would like to thank everyone for participating! This topic has been thoroughly discussed, and will now be closed.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.