Posted Mar 14, 2012
8:44:01 AM
Macros for the "send a PM to Alex"

I try to refer subscribers in the "Account / Billing" sections to Alex.  Someone mentioned setting up macros with the response, "send a PM to Alex" as a macro.  Can someone PM me (or post here for all)to see) step by step instructions on how to set one up?  Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Macros for the "send a PM to Alex"

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 14, 2012 10:27:59 AM
(0)

Hello dhascall,

I have sent you a Private Message. Please click on the blue envelope private message envelope.gif in the upper right hand corner of any forum page.

Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Re: Macros for the "send a PM to Alex"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 14, 2012 12:04:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks to both jfw and Phil for responding.  I am going to try to edit it a bit because I'm not sure if newcomers will know what "PM" means. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 14, 2012 4:48:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How about just posting one that is standard and everyone can use it? :smileywink:  Maybe the CMs could help us out here?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2012 8:45:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

How about just posting one that is standard and everyone can use it? :smileywink:  Maybe the CMs could help us out here?

The problem that I would see with a "standard" one is that they would sound too impersonal (ie "corporate speak").  I would like to add my own spin on to it.  I'm actually working with Phil as the one that I am trying is adding some oddball text, on his end.

In other words instead of "Send a PM to Alex."  say "Please send a Private Message to Alex - he is one of the Community Managers on this forum and should be able to help."

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2012 10:29:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Still testing:

Please send a Private Message to Alex. He is one of the Community Managers on this forum. FAIL!

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. SUCCESS!  I "borrowed" the source from Spd.  Thanks:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2012 3:35:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Could you post a copy of your macro? I don't want to copy it word for word, I just want to figure out hot you got the link to work. I tried creating a macro a while backfor this very purpose, but it did not seem to work with HTML or links.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 23, 2012 10:06:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

YW, LOL!

dhascall wrote:

Still testing:

Please send a Private Message to Alex. He is one of the Community Managers on this forum. FAIL!

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. SUCCESS!  I "borrowed" the source from Spd.  Thanks:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012 9:04:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

When I try to cut and paste the HTML source, it' never comes out right.  This is the one that Phil suggested:

<a href="http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotesp​age/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/318276" target="_blank">send a PM to Alex</a>

This is mine but the AT&amp stuff looks wrong:

<P>Try contacting <A href="http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/318276" target="_self">Alex</A>, one of the AT&amp;T Community Managers for further assistance.</P>

Computer-Joe wrote:

Could you post a copy of your macro? I don't want to copy it word for word, I just want to figure out hot you got the link to work. I tried creating a macro a while backfor this very purpose, but it did not seem to work with HTML or links.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012 9:23:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This is what my HTML looks like:

<p><strong><em><a href="http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/318276" target="_self">Alex</a></em></strong>&nbsp;</p>

And this is how it appears: 

Alex 

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012 9:47:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The "linkable text in your example is simply "Alex."  Is that what you are going for?  If not, alter the part after _self"> and before the </a> that is where your linkable text should go.   

Computer-Joe wrote:

This is what my HTML looks like:

<p><a><strong><em><a href="http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/318276" target="_self">Alex</a></em></strong>&nbsp;</p>

And this is how it appears: 

Alex 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012 12:19:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yup, that way I can put something different each time I use it. I just wanted the macro so I did not have to keep his PM page open all the time so I can copy the link into a post.

It would also be nice if they would make a way to insert items from your "bookmark" list in the reply window. Maybe it's just me, but it seems fairly easy to create a bookmark but what do you do with them after that. I have to go to "settings" just to see them. Maybe they could do a drop-down list for bookmarks similar the the macro drop-down list.

neon_sign.jpg

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 22, 2012 7:48:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok, a little off topic, but how about hot-keys for maybe the first five or ten macros?

Plus, maybe take the reply page tools and put them on a floating tool bar to the right of the reply box that will follow you down the page. It should include the RT, HTML, and Preview tabs as well as the Spell Check button and Macro pulldown and all the reply box tools.

I find quite often, as some of the quotes and replies gets long, I will expand the reply box to see more of the text. Problem is after a ceertain point you have to keep scrolling the webpage back up to get to the tools and often the cursor gets moved in or removed from the reply box and the tool or macro you click on ends up in the wrong place in the reply.

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 26, 2012 9:02:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I am testing a new Macro for folks who complain about mailings from AT&T:

Sending mailers is not illegal. There are ways to try to slow them down or maybe even stop them. You could start by contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. He should be able to forward your request to the correct group at AT&T. You should also google "DMAChoice" and opt out there. Paperkarma is an app for snapping photos of junk mail envelopes with your Smartphone. They supposedly will send "remove" requests, on your behalf. Good luck

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 29, 2012 9:49:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Looks like it's working?  I've never heard of Paperkarma, but sounds interesting!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2012 10:31:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

Looks like it's working?  I've never heard of Paperkarma, but sounds interesting!

I read about PaperKarma and their competitor Catalog Choice, in Forbes.  I could not find an app by Catalog Choice for Android but i did find a free PaperKarma app.  I have submitted about 6 junk mailings, including two different addresses for Comcast/Xfinity.  We'll see if they stop.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2012 11:35:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I installed it, but haven't tried it yet; let me know your results!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2012 10:30:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Testing....one...two,,,three...four (I "borrowed":smileywink: some of the wording from OUFan....)

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

If you do not get the desired response with Customer Care, please try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2012 10:19:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

Testing....one...two,,,three...four (I "borrowed":smileywink: some of the wording from OUFan....)

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

If you do not get the desired response with Customer Care, please try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance

Careful, may have to pull an Apple and sue for your rounded corners. :smileyvery-happy:

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway