Posted Apr 5, 2014
4:32:15 PM
Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

My neighbor has a cable running from the curb-side box of another address, across his driveway, across his front lawn, and then into his house.  

I've tried calling several AT&T departments for Uverse and they cant help or investigate because I dont have a UVerse account, only Cell Account.  

Who can I report this to?

Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 5, 2014 4:39:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mershu wrote:

My neighbor has a cable running from the curb-side box of another address, across his driveway, across his front lawn, and then into his house.  

I've tried calling several AT&T departments for Uverse and they cant help or investigate because I dont have a UVerse account, only Cell Account.  

Who can I report this to?

@mershu 

If he has relatively new service the cable probably hasn't been buried yet.  If it's UVerse he has to have the correct boxes for the service to work making it virtually impossible to steal the service.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 8, 2014 7:34:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
I had the same thing....temp cable because my drop was bad. Took a month until the contractor showed up and ran a new drop.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2014 9:59:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Yes this can take quite some time there is a lot going on in the background to bury a drop, Flagging if needed to close a portion of the road, USA to ensure no other cables pipes etc will be in the path, city,county or state permints, HOA requirements (usually when or when they cannot be there working) then it all goes to a contractor in most cases.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.