Posted Aug 1, 2014
8:20:21 PM
Am I panicking too early?

I've had ATT home phone and DSL for years. I called to see if I could reduce my bill, which was running about $75/month. The rep talked me into Uverse internet and home phone which, she said, would be $59/month. I understood there'd be a charges of $100 and $99 for installations, but I'd get that off in a couple of months.

I got my first bill. $286.75!!! Less that $199, and it's still not even close to $59. That's higher than the bill I called to reduce. I can't do $87.75/month! And shouldn't have to--it should be $59, plus tax.

Please advise! How do I address this?

Am I panicking too early?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2014 8:39:17 PM
(0)
Employee

I suspect you have two bills in one..

The first is the prorated part of the current billing cycle and the second is the next full month as you are billed in advance of using the service.

Please check your bill again for two different date ranges, partial and full.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Am I panicking too early?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2014 9:10:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks. The only date ranges I see on the online bill are "7/25-7/25" which makes no sense. I signed up for paper billing, so perhaps that'll make more sense. I'll try to wait until I get it. But then, if I can't figure it out, I guess I'll have to call.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2014 8:42:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

If you need help understanding your bill you can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.