Posted May 6, 2012
4:01:26 PM
View profile
Weather on demand

How often is the data on the Weather on demand channel updated, is it real time or periodically updated?  Are the current conditions in real time?  It seems like the Radar and Satellite videos don't change for at least and hour.  When there is bad weather in the area that is not sufficient.

How often is the data on the Weather on demand channel updated, is it real time or periodically updated?  Are the current conditions in real time?  It seems like the Radar and Satellite videos don't change for at least and hour.  When there is bad weather in the area that is not sufficient.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 6, 2012 4:57:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 6, 2012 at 4:59:00 PM

Accuweather updates temp/conditions every hour just like on their website, but radar is updated every 15 mins if you play it in motion.  The static picture is not always the current conditions, it will be after the motion stops.

For bad weather, try a local channel, most areas cover things very good in bad weather.  Also can use accuweather.com to possibly drill down to the metro area that we can do here in metro Detroit and many other areas around the country. :smileywink:

An example: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/detroit-mi/weather-radar

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Weather on demand

1 reply
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 6, 2012 4:57:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 6, 2012 at 4:59:00 PM

Accuweather updates temp/conditions every hour just like on their website, but radar is updated every 15 mins if you play it in motion.  The static picture is not always the current conditions, it will be after the motion stops.

For bad weather, try a local channel, most areas cover things very good in bad weather.  Also can use accuweather.com to possibly drill down to the metro area that we can do here in metro Detroit and many other areas around the country. :smileywink:

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Weather on demand

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (1,010 Views)
Solution