Gramere's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 1:32 PM

Closed

Watch ESPN app not authorized to view...

I can login fine with my uverse ID...I can watch ESPN 3 programming but won't let me view others (apparently the live shows on other ESPN channels)...I subscribe to uverse Internet but NOT TV...trying to view on iPad using watch ESPN app.

Can someone help?...do you have to have a package through AT&T uverse to get the live ESPN channels on a mobile device???

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Gramere wrote:

I can login fine with my uverse ID...I can watch ESPN 3 programming but won't let me view others (apparently the live shows on other ESPN channels)...I subscribe to uverse Internet but NOT TV...trying to view on iPad using watch ESPN app.

Can someone help?...do you have to have a package through AT&T uverse to get the live ESPN channels on a mobile device???

Thanks!

You've answered the question yourself.  The ability to watch the linear ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU) using the WatchESPN app requires that you be subcribed to those channels, thus, you must be a U-verse TV customers.  On the other hand, the ability to watch espn3.com requires that you be a U-verse internet customer.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Completely sidestepping the topic, CBS has disabled Time Warner Internet only subscribers from accessing content from CBS.com.  I find that very disturbing.  That woulld be like Crown Media disbaling online content from Hallmark for anyone with an att.net address.  CBS's action is fairly unique, no?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sure it's an "accident."  

In a pig's eye.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have Uverse U200 plan and have all the ESPN channels and still get the "not authorized to view" message when I try to watch an event on the Watch ESPN app.  Spent over an hour with a customer service rep and they said I needed ESPN GamePlan to use the Watch ESPN app.  This contradicts AT&T's own website that says you just need U200 to be able to use the Watch ESPN app.  See the link below to the page.  AT&T customer support even sent me this link.

Without wasting another minute on the phone, how can I contact someone at AT&T and get this resolved. 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419666&cv=803&_requestid=971729#fbid=qztds7PbXHC

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

trm1819 - Did you register at ESPN.com. Go there & click register & see what happens.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

When you open the Watch ESPN app you have to register and I have done that.  Still get "unauthorized to view" message and instructions to contact provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

has anyone found a resolution for this watch espn/not authorized issue?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi krzy4ut,

I have received your message and look forward to helping you get this resolved.

There hasn't been one main solution for this issue, but the things that have fixed it so far are:

1. Ensure you are signing in with your primary ID.
  2. Uninstall/Reinstall the App
  3. Try to update to the latest firmware on your cellphone/tablet if that is what you are using.
  4. Login to your mail account at both att.net and clicking mail and mail.yahoo.com (not sure why this step has worked, but I can only think it clears any red flags with the account)

I will also be sending you a private message to look into your profile further.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What about those on u100? I can watch espn on my computer, but not my mobile device.

According to at&t, 

"AT&T Subscribers with U200 and above (and those with the grandfathered U100 package) now have access to ESPN live on their computer, tablet and smartphone. Members need to login using their U-verse email and password in order to access."

The watchespn app used to work, but doesn't work anymore on my tablet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I receive the same error message. I am logged in via Att and ESPN account. I can stream the game I'm attempting to watch on my laptop, but receive the "unable to play video" not authorized to play video error message on my ipad. I have installed and re-installed the app twice.

Also, in streaming the game on my laptop - is there sound to the game? And yes, the volume is on through my laptop.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.