For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 7:32 PM

"More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I've gotten $35 off per month on U-300 (1-yr contract required) since Jan 2012. I wonder if this is related to the time zone bug or it would be worth my time to call in for an additional $35/mo.

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

This is still an ongoing issue,

"Issue: Customers try to schedule a recording by using the search function, but the times are off.

Workaround: Select recordings for a series or program from the program guide. If the customer tries to schedule a recording by using the search function, the times may be off. They need to use the series or program from the program guide.

There is a ticket opened with Microsoft and will be forthcoming but no ETR."

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

I have since been informed that this is supposed to be fixed by something else, not the roll out of the Set Top software.  However, the Set Top software was a precondition for that something else, which is being rolled out at individual VHOs.  Some may already have the fix, my VHO does not.  I will try to update this thread when it's fixed for me.

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I have since been informed that this is supposed to be fixed by something else, not the roll out of the Set Top software.  However, the Set Top software was a precondition for that something else, which is being rolled out at individual VHOs.  Some may already have the fix, my VHO does not.  I will try to update this thread when it's fixed for me.

I just had a contact with a Tier 1 Tech Support Rep asking for some infomation, he directly provided this link that the customer gave to him, Figured id update it with the info we have on record for people to know. Personally i havent heard anything else regarding this issue in my department.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@ji785s wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

I just had a contact with a Tier 1 Tech Support Rep asking for some infomation, he directly provided this link that the customer gave to him, Figured id update it with the info we have on record for people to know. Personally i havent heard anything else regarding this issue in my department.

@ji785s and @JefferMC fixed for me in Indianapolis.  I can't say what if/anything was fixed on the VoD Storefront but the TZ issue is fixed here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.