dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 7:32 PM

"More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

U-Verse gives a $35.00 credit a month on the Time Zone Issue - spoke today and received they are still working on the problem!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:
U-Verse gives a $35.00 credit a month on the Time Zone Issue - spoke today and received they are still working on the problem!!!!

You are the only person who I've ever heard say this.  And several weeks ago you said that they weren't going to give it to you any more.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

A few friends were still getting the credit so I called again and received it!!!! The tech guy said not sure when it will be fixed and when people call and mention it as the TimeZone Discrepancy they will receive the credit.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

I wonder if "Frontier" here in CT knows about this Time Zone Issue - it has been for

over one year now - and yes I have been getting a $35.00 credit each month - for this

problem - CS talks to a tech person and it gets approved.  I know I said one time before

they said no more - but was told the have so many complaints that they continued doing

so. 

Just curious about Frontier.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

9 years ago

The summer software release did not fix this problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

What summer software release?  I've seen all of three posters who claim to have gotten it, and not a new one in 3 solid months.  AT&T will not confirm this, but my suspicion is that some "issues" were found with it and they had to pull it back for some more "tweaking."

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

What summer software release?  I've seen all of three posters who claim to have gotten it, and not a new one in 3 solid months.  AT&T will not confirm this, but my suspicion is that some "issues" were found with it and they had to pull it back for some more "tweaking."

Apparently my message found its way to the "right person."  My viewing of the 11 o'clock local news last night was interrupted by the DVR downloading the new release.  By the time the update was finished and we finished the news, I wasn't in the mood to try to play with it to look for bug fixes/new features.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Nothing has changed for me - still same Time Zone Issue - Not quit sure why this has taken so long to be fixed - I was a tech with a tax program - and we would fix issues as soon as they happened - so the people that were filing a return had up to date info - we could not have gotten away with this type of service.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:
Nothing has changed for me - still same Time Zone Issue - Not quit sure why this has taken so long to be fixed - I was a tech with a tax program - and we would fix issues as soon as they happened - so the people that were filing a return had up to date info - we could not have gotten away with this type of service.

Have you received an update?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

I checked the time zone problem by searching for a random title.  Opening it up, noting the show times, then going to the same show in the guide.  The times were in CT, I am in ET, i.e. the time zone problem is not fixed by the update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.