Posted May 28, 2013
12:32:01 PM
View profile
"More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

"More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

26 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(26)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 11:47:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 28, 2013 at 11:48:26 PM

That off by an hour program time has been reported in the big thread already Dave.  When I went to more showtimes, there are red recording dots on some of them that are NOT set to record yet. :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: "More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

[ Edited ]
2 of 27 (1,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:36:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

been fighting this problem with att for 9 monts now and no solution. there second tear teach support told me to day, to just live with it, and no type of rebate on my bill. i,m not geting what i,m paying for!!!!!

what customer service? they have none.

3 of 27 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:39:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

i can,t believe there are not more people complaining regarding this problem.

4 of 27 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 11:21:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

Lots of people are complaining - it is under a different topic - some people here in the East have been receiving a $35.00 credit per month -

5 of 27 (806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 11:22:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
it is under info button giving incorrect showtimes!!!! they say with DVR it will record ok -

6 of 27 (806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 11:51:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This is scheduled to be rectified this summer.  U-Verse does one Software release per year and it is supposedly on the list for this year's update.  I have heard that AT&T may switch to two updates per year, which is better, IMO.

7 of 27 (800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 9:53:51 AM
(0)
Tutor
Looking back at other posts regarding this issue, I see that it has been going on for some three years. It is surprising that AT&T would care so little about customers who aren't in the central time zone that they wouldn't have fixed this by now.

8 of 27 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 6:36:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Xerxes10 wrote:
Looking back at other posts regarding this issue, I see that it has been going on for some three years. It is surprising that AT&T would care so little about customers who aren't in the central time zone that they wouldn't have fixed this by now.

This issue has not been going on for 3 years.  It occurred after a software update in 2013 and onlty effects customers who are not located outside of the Central Time Zone.

9 of 27 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 10:41:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

i've been having the same problem over the past several months.  when i search for a program it lists the program as starting an hour early.  but oftentimes, it tells me that i need to setup the recording manually after searching for a program.  very frustrating.

i called technical support today and they were unable to resolve the problem.  we reset all the receivers; next step is to do a full reset on the DVR (erasing all programs).  i would try that next week, but after reading all the comments here, it looks like there is a software error?

10 of 27 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 4:45:34 PM
(0)
Employee
Are you in the Central Time zone... yes no adjustment necessary. .. if no then need to adjust accordingly.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 27 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 9:33:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am in the central time zone. I am having the problem on at least 2 channels, G4 and Alabama Public Television. I have reported the problem. How do I get a rebate on my bill? If I miss being recorded when I appear on Antiques Roadshow, I will be escalating pretty far up AT&T's management hierarchy! I know people. and depending on how big a boy he is, I could open a can of Roy D. Mercer's whoop a** on him. I wouldn't do that to a girl, OK?

12 of 27 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 10:14:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
U-Verse gives a $35.00 credit a month on the Time Zone Issue - spoke today and received they are still working on the problem!!!!

13 of 27 (553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 7:58:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:
U-Verse gives a $35.00 credit a month on the Time Zone Issue - spoke today and received they are still working on the problem!!!!

You are the only person who I've ever heard say this.  And several weeks ago you said that they weren't going to give it to you any more.

14 of 27 (519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:57:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
A few friends were still getting the credit so I called again and received it!!!! The tech guy said not sure when it will be fixed and when people call and mention it as the TimeZone Discrepancy they will receive the credit.

15 of 27 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2014 12:12:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

I wonder if "Frontier" here in CT knows about this Time Zone Issue - it has been for

over one year now - and yes I have been getting a $35.00 credit each month - for this

problem - CS talks to a tech person and it gets approved.  I know I said one time before

they said no more - but was told the have so many complaints that they continued doing

so. 

Just curious about Frontier.

16 of 27 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2014 12:31:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

The summer software release did not fix this problem.

17 of 27 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2014 1:25:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

What summer software release?  I've seen all of three posters who claim to have gotten it, and not a new one in 3 solid months.  AT&T will not confirm this, but my suspicion is that some "issues" were found with it and they had to pull it back for some more "tweaking."

18 of 27 (248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 6:15:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Oct 3, 2014 at 6:16:22 AM

JefferMC wrote:

What summer software release?  I've seen all of three posters who claim to have gotten it, and not a new one in 3 solid months.  AT&T will not confirm this, but my suspicion is that some "issues" were found with it and they had to pull it back for some more "tweaking."

Apparently my message found its way to the "right person."  My viewing of the 11 o'clock local news last night was interrupted by the DVR downloading the new release.  By the time the update was finished and we finished the news, I wasn't in the mood to try to play with it to look for bug fixes/new features.

[ Edited ]
19 of 27 (235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 11:43:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
Nothing has changed for me - still same Time Zone Issue - Not quit sure why this has taken so long to be fixed - I was a tech with a tax program - and we would fix issues as soon as they happened - so the people that were filing a return had up to date info - we could not have gotten away with this type of service.

20 of 27 (221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 11:58:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:
Nothing has changed for me - still same Time Zone Issue - Not quit sure why this has taken so long to be fixed - I was a tech with a tax program - and we would fix issues as soon as they happened - so the people that were filing a return had up to date info - we could not have gotten away with this type of service.

Have you received an update?

21 of 27 (219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 5:34:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I checked the time zone problem by searching for a random title.  Opening it up, noting the show times, then going to the same show in the guide.  The times were in CT, I am in ET, i.e. the time zone problem is not fixed by the update.

22 of 27 (200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 6:24:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I've gotten $35 off per month on U-300 (1-yr contract required) since Jan 2012. I wonder if this is related to the time zone bug or it would be worth my time to call in for an additional $35/mo.

23 of 27 (194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2014 2:01:13 PM
(0)
Employee

dhascall wrote:

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

This is still an ongoing issue,

"Issue: Customers try to schedule a recording by using the search function, but the times are off.

Workaround: Select recordings for a series or program from the program guide. If the customer tries to schedule a recording by using the search function, the times may be off. They need to use the series or program from the program guide.

There is a ticket opened with Microsoft and will be forthcoming but no ETR."

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

24 of 27 (146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2014 2:17:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have since been informed that this is supposed to be fixed by something else, not the roll out of the Set Top software.  However, the Set Top software was a precondition for that something else, which is being rolled out at individual VHOs.  Some may already have the fix, my VHO does not.  I will try to update this thread when it's fixed for me.

25 of 27 (141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2014 2:50:02 PM
(0)
Employee

JefferMC wrote:

I have since been informed that this is supposed to be fixed by something else, not the roll out of the Set Top software.  However, the Set Top software was a precondition for that something else, which is being rolled out at individual VHOs.  Some may already have the fix, my VHO does not.  I will try to update this thread when it's fixed for me.

I just had a contact with a Tier 1 Tech Support Rep asking for some infomation, he directly provided this link that the customer gave to him, Figured id update it with the info we have on record for people to know. Personally i havent heard anything else regarding this issue in my department.

26 of 27 (134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2014 1:59:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ji785s wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

I just had a contact with a Tier 1 Tech Support Rep asking for some infomation, he directly provided this link that the customer gave to him, Figured id update it with the info we have on record for people to know. Personally i havent heard anything else regarding this issue in my department.

@ji785s and @JefferMC fixed for me in Indianapolis.  I can't say what if/anything was fixed on the VoD Storefront but the TZ issue is fixed here.

27 of 27 (89 Views)