dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 7:32 PM

"More Showtimes" Times / Time Zone Issue / Discrepancy

Last night, we were down the street at our daughter's house and my wife needed something from home.  She also wanted me to check to see if the Bachelorette series was recording.  It was about 8:20 PM when I checked and it wasn't recording as I had not yet set the new series recording.  Monday's show ran from 8:00 to 10:01 (I'm on Eastern time zone).  So I started recording that episode at 8:20, knowing that she had missed the first 20 minutes.  So I used the "More Showtimes" feature to see if that episode reaired.  It will reair on Sunday but the times are off.  It showed the Monday (current) episode as 7:00-9:01 and the Sunday 6/2 re-air also shows as 7-9:01.  The Guide however, has the correct times for both as 8-10:01.

I haven't had time to check other shows "More Showtimes" to see if similar errors exists but can you, especially in the Eastern TZ, check to see if other "More Showtimes" are showing discrepancies between the times and the guide?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

That off by an hour program time has been reported in the big thread already Dave.  When I went to more showtimes, there are red recording dots on some of them that are NOT set to record yet. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

been fighting this problem with att for 9 monts now and no solution. there second tear teach support told me to day, to just live with it, and no type of rebate on my bill. i,m not geting what i,m paying for!!!!!

what customer service? they have none.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

i can,t believe there are not more people complaining regarding this problem.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

Lots of people are complaining - it is under a different topic - some people here in the East have been receiving a $35.00 credit per month -

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

it is under info button giving incorrect showtimes!!!! they say with DVR it will record ok -

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

This is scheduled to be rectified this summer.  U-Verse does one Software release per year and it is supposedly on the list for this year's update.  I have heard that AT&T may switch to two updates per year, which is better, IMO.

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Looking back at other posts regarding this issue, I see that it has been going on for some three years. It is surprising that AT&T would care so little about customers who aren't in the central time zone that they wouldn't have fixed this by now.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Xerxes10 wrote:
Looking back at other posts regarding this issue, I see that it has been going on for some three years. It is surprising that AT&T would care so little about customers who aren't in the central time zone that they wouldn't have fixed this by now.

This issue has not been going on for 3 years.  It occurred after a software update in 2013 and onlty effects customers who are not located outside of the Central Time Zone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i've been having the same problem over the past several months.  when i search for a program it lists the program as starting an hour early.  but oftentimes, it tells me that i need to setup the recording manually after searching for a program.  very frustrating.

i called technical support today and they were unable to resolve the problem.  we reset all the receivers; next step is to do a full reset on the DVR (erasing all programs).  i would try that next week, but after reading all the comments here, it looks like there is a software error?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I am in the central time zone. I am having the problem on at least 2 channels, G4 and Alabama Public Television. I have reported the problem. How do I get a rebate on my bill? If I miss being recorded when I appear on Antiques Roadshow, I will be escalating pretty far up AT&T's management hierarchy! I know people. and depending on how big a boy he is, I could open a can of Roy D. Mercer's whoop a** on him. I wouldn't do that to a girl, OK?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.