75vette's profile

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 4:33 PM

Unable to record 4 programs

This has happened before and I thought it might be a time overlap issue but evidently it's not.

I tried this morning as a test to record 4 programs all starting at the same time. When I chose the 4th, I was notified that there was a conflict. I dont get it. The main reason I changed from CableOne to At&T U-Verse was for the extra recording options.

I have Total Home DVR U-450 pkg, 2 tv's.

Is there something wrong with the RG?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

75vette - Check your ingress profile. I believe it is 1 SD & 3 HD. So, you can do four recordings, but one must be SD.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

menu - options - system options - system info - system resources

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

Where do I find the ingress profile?

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

You are either a smart Dude or Dudette!

How right you are!

Thanks.

Next, where do I go to put in a wish list? The program that I have a conflict with airs again after midnight. I dont see an option in the recording section that allows me to do a weekly recording for a specified channel and time. It's only a 1 time record.

I could request it at a later date, but it would record all reruns. I only want the original.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

You are correct that the date/time recording is one time only. I have requested it include ongoing at every opportunity.

Why can't you set it up against the show for the post midnight??

My take on this is to make sure I get at least one recording I accept duplicates & erase them. This is something I can do. If I do not get a show I cannot make one up.

Some people rely on on-demand. I have yet to find one show via on-demand.

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

I thought of that but, the shows in question are American Pickers & Pawn Stars. That'd be a lot of deleteing! I'd rather watch as much as I can in HD, so for now, I set up the recordings for first run at it's first time in SD.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
You are correct that the date/time recording is one time only. I have requested it include ongoing at every opportunity.

Why can't you set it up against the show for the post midnight??

My take on this is to make sure I get at least one recording I accept duplicates & erase them. This is something I can do. If I do not get a show I cannot make one up.

Some people rely on on-demand. I have yet to find one show via on-demand.

The majority of the shows I watch/record are one of the the major networks, NBC (Revolution) CBS - too many to list or ABC - Last Resort and they are all available in my area OnDemand.  

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

I wish AMC had better On Demand. I just started watching the first episodes of Walking Dead, seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. I'd like to be able to watch all of season 3 from On Demand.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@75vette wrote:

I thought of that but, the shows in question are American Pickers & Pawn Stars. That'd be a lot of deleting! I'd rather watch as much as I can in HD, so for now, I set up the recordings for first run at it's first time in SD.

Just about any 'Cable' channel program has a repeat later (for West Coast viewers), but you will have to do some deleting of the one that won't record and clicking on the later one (I do it all the time, Network shows interfere).

It all stays HD as it's just later on the same HD channel. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I looked at this info a while ago, and even though my "Streams" definitions equal "0SD/4HD and 1SD/3HD," we have never been able to record 4 shows at the same time, even if it's 1SD/3HD. The tech I spoke with yesterday, also admitted that she constantly hears the same complaint from uVerse customers.

SG

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.