Posted Dec 9, 2010
4:05:29 PM
Skip Feature
Edited by twincity1 on Dec 9, 2010 at 4:13:56 PM

When I had Dish the DVR had a skip feature. You could go to a scheduled recording and click the Skip box. The DVR then would skip that  episode and would record that episode the next time it aired.

I can't find a feature like this on the U-verse DVR. Is there a way to get the U-verse DVR  to do this?

The reason I ask is that on Monday nights I have more than 3 HD recordings scheduled at the same time. I can cancel one of the HD recording but then have to manually find when the episode airs again and set up a another recording for it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 9, 2010 4:47:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have had that issue when recording shows on the Discovery Channel.  The workaround was to set all of my recordings lets say for 8pm.  And then I set the one that aired later up as a series recording.  I made sure it was set for Any day, around 11pm and then First run only.  It worked great. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Skip Feature

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 9, 2010 4:47:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have had that issue when recording shows on the Discovery Channel.  The workaround was to set all of my recordings lets say for 8pm.  And then I set the one that aired later up as a series recording.  I made sure it was set for Any day, around 11pm and then First run only.  It worked great. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Skip Feature

2 of 2 (1,243 Views)
Solution