For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
BumperBob1's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 12th, 2011 1:58 PM

SUGGESTION, program the DVR to allow SLOW MOTION!

We just switched over to ATT Uverse 200 last night, and I think we'll be pleased when we get used to the different channel numbers, and learn the new features available.  BUT, one thing I MISS already from TIME WARNER CABLE is the ability to rewind live TV and watch something in slow motion, or watch anything recorded in slow motion by just pressing the play button during playback.  I don't think they ever promoted this feature, I found out about it by accident.  You could also eliminate the playback bar by pressing the INFO button twice during slow motion playback. 

I wish ATT Uverse programmers would look into an update to the DVR software to allow slow motion playback with a combination of remote key presses.  I would suggest that it be programmed so that after pressing the PAUSE button, then during PAUSE, by press the FAST FORWARD button playback would continue in SLOW MOTION.  If you could program this feature that way, I would also suggest that the screen be cleared of a playback bar, or channel info once SLOW MOTION starts. 

I really enjoy using slow motion during action sequences that go by too fast to see everything that happens.  Like during a NASCAR wreck sequence, or other sports, or action movies.  I, for one, would REALLY appreciate it if ATT Uverse would look into giving us the ability to enjoy slow motion. 

If Time Warner Cable can do it, ATT should be able to do it BETTER!! 

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

Seconded.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Also, concerning SLOW MOTION on TWC.  When you pause during playback, pressing the FAST FORWARD button would STEP forward one frame at a time, which really came in handy sometimes.  Pressing the REWIND button would step back about 10 frames so you could find exactly where you wanted to start watching in slow motion by pressing the PLAY button twice. 

I hope ATT thinks about this, and writes a software update that will give us AT LEAST slow motion capabilities.  The step one frame at a time feature would be great too.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

I can't believe only one other person is interested in slow motion capablility on DVR playback. I really miss it. I restate my request, and say again. If Time Warner Cable can playback in slow motion, then ATT Uverse DVR's should be able to do it too, and better!

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

13 years ago

@BumperBob1 wrote:

We just switched over to ATT Uverse 200 last night, and I think we'll be pleased when we get used to the different channel numbers, and learn the new features available.  BUT, one thing I MISS already from TIME WARNER CABLE is the ability to rewind live TV and watch something in slow motion, or watch anything recorded in slow motion by just pressing the play button during playback.  I don't think they ever promoted this feature, I found out about it by accident.  You could also eliminate the playback bar by pressing the INFO button twice during slow motion playback. 

I wish ATT Uverse programmers would look into an update to the DVR software to allow slow motion playback with a combination of remote key presses.  I would suggest that it be programmed so that after pressing the PAUSE button, then during PAUSE, by press the FAST FORWARD button playback would continue in SLOW MOTION.  If you could program this feature that way, I would also suggest that the screen be cleared of a playback bar, or channel info once SLOW MOTION starts. 

I really enjoy using slow motion during action sequences that go by too fast to see everything that happens.  Like during a NASCAR wreck sequence, or other sports, or action movies.  I, for one, would REALLY appreciate it if ATT Uverse would look into giving us the ability to enjoy slow motion. 

If Time Warner Cable can do it, ATT should be able to do it BETTER!! 

I'm Sorry...as my brother-in-law just died from a car accident, I really don't need a method to watch even the fake crashes of Nascar in slow motion

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I also came from Time Warner and Slow Motion is the number one thing I miss. Most other things I like better, but I sure would like to see slomo!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I'm sorely tempted to start shopping around for a different service provider because of the shortcomings of my Uverse DVR.

1. Slow Motion (a few different speeds of slow mo)

2. Frame-by-frame forward and back

These have bben widely available features in consumer products for a couple decades. Why can't UVerse keep up? It's irritating.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Yep it sucks...evey other DVR has slow motion. I also dont like that you cant build search terms like TIVO. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

13 years ago

It is not my intention to find fault with AT&T Uverse but the Uverse DVR really does leave a lot to be desired, especially after recently using a couple of TIVO HD machines.

- The remote controls just plain suck (we have seven STBs). There is nothing else that can be said that can be any clearer than this. The DVR playback buttons are so poorly laid out and sized it amazes me it could have passed any reasonable design review process before it went into production. I just ordered a Logitech Harmony One but am annoyed that I had to spend almost $200 additional dollars just so we can have at least one reasonably usable remote control.

- The DVR does not quickly respond to commands from the remote control. For many commands there is a annoying "latency" between pressing the command button and when the DVR responds. Our previous Tivo HDs did not hesitate to respond.

- Scanning the TV programs into the next week or two for a particular channel is very awkward and time consuming compared to the ease of doing this with the TIVO system.

- There is no excuse for no forward and reverse slow motion functions.

- The 320 Gb hard drive is not upgradable beyond 500 GB. We had 1 TB drives in our TIVOs.

We switched to U-verse early last July. The telephone land line works fine and is indistinguishable from the conventional twisted pair we previously had. Internet works OK with respect to download speeds but there is frequently a very annoying delay after clicking on a link until the new URL starts to be displayed. Too frequently we get an error screen because the site apparently did not respond and have to try a second time. This happens with major sites like CNN, Google, etc. We did not have these problems with our previous ADSL service (albeit with slower download speeds) and our neighbors Comcast internet service responds instantly. At this time we are going to sit tight with Uverse for a short time longer but eventually seriously consider switching to Comcast. I dread doing this after all the effort I expended to install the Uverse system and I just hate dealing with Comcast's sleazy sales people. However, the Uverse service is just not proving to be what we expected.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I also just got Uverse and am stunned there's no slow mo. How do you watch football without the ability to run plays you want to review. Dumb. Was a main feature of Replay TV when it first came out and Comcast has had this for years.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

Might be a problem that it is not possible to have a slo-mo routine that would be radically different from another company's patented procedure (esp Tivo) and be sued as they are now being sued due to Series Recordings by Tivo. 

Don't think MS MediaRoom 5.0 (our operating system thru WinCE) has that feature currently. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.