tje's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, October 10th, 2010 4:04 AM

Recordings gone from tv in other room

DVR is in one room, it now has 53 recordings.  

I have always been able to watch the recordings in the other room, even set up recordings there.

Now there are no recordings available to view in the other room.  How did this happen?  and is there any way to get the recordings viewable on the other tv again?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Rebooting the power didn't restore it, but unplugging/replugging the cable did restore it!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

I'd do a hard reboot of that STB by unplugging/plugging in the power for 30 seconds and then see if the recordings are back on that STB.  Let us know if that works, good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

Glad you thought about that, be sure to remember that if it happens again to do that.

If unplugging/plugging in the Uverse cable doesn't work in the future, come back and we'll have some suggestions before you call TS and go thru the reboot boogie. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Chris.  I appreciate it.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

13 years ago

Sometimes I find that while watching a recording on the TV in my bedroom (not where the RG is) all of my recordings will dissapear and will take a min to restore. This has happened 4-5 times in the last 6 months.

Any idea if this is a problem with the connection (or the box), or just something "normal" I get to put up with?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@JRocksIllini wrote:

Sometimes I find that while watching a recording on the TV in my bedroom (not where the RG is) all of my recordings will dissapear and will take a min to restore. This has happened 4-5 times in the last 6 months.

Any idea if this is a problem with the connection (or the box), or just something "normal" I get to put up with?

Not normal but if your DVR, RG or bedroom STB loses power or is restarted, it takes 1-3 minutes to "rebuild" your list of recorded shows.  Longer if you have lots of recordings and or have lots of series recordings scheduled.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@JRocksIllini wrote:

I had that happen recently.  When the prem tech came out he found a bad connector on one of my coax cables.  Also, the coax cable on another box was loose.  If you have a coax installation check and make sure all of your connectors are tight.  Call ts using the number in my sig and ask the csr to run a test on your service.  If he/she sees any errors request a tech be sent out.  Have the tech check and make sure all of your coax cables have the correct connectors on them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.