Actualsize's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 7:40 AM

Odd time mismatch when initiating recordings

A 2-hour offset has cropped up in my DVR. The guide lists program times correctly, and the clock is correct.

But in the last few weeks the program times listed in the recording search results are all off my 2 hours.

example: Formula One Qualifying is supposed to start at 5:00 am on NBCSHD Saturday morning. I have my series recording set up to catch the first run, which is supposed to be at 5:00am. 

but of late the DVR has been missing it and recording the rebroadcast instead. Today the scheduled recording list does not show the 5:00 am show in the queue. It's recording the 10:00 pm rebroadcast. 

This is where the 2-hr offset may come in. If I search for the program directly, by title, the times show up as 7:00 am and 12:00 am, 2 hours later than they really are. The descriptions that come up when I explore the possible showtimes have the wrong time, too. Strangely, the 7:00 am showtime has the has the triple red circle of a scheduled recording, but the program does not show up in the scheduled recording queue until 10:00 pm, the rebroadcast.  Possibly because the program first run really really airs at 5:00 am, not 7:00 am

This is the case with every show I search for, not just my example. I'm missing a lot of scheduled first-run recordings and live events as a result. It's difficult to manage or create new recordings on my DVR because of this problem. I've taken to using the iPad app instead because its search results list the correct times over there. 

The Uverse tech was out for a different reasohe a couple of weeks ago, and the DVR firmware was updated then, I think. I'm not sure where to start. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, it"s been over a year now and still no fix. Customer care has been contacted on several occasions, with the same response--we are working on a fix.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@rubiconray wrote:
Yes, it"s been over a year now and still no fix. Customer care has been contacted on several occasions, with the same response--we are working on a fix.

And they are.  U-Verse only has one software update window per year.  Their fixes hit sometime in the Summer.  I would expect a fix by September.  I do think that they need at least two updates per year.  Asking for it every 6-8 weeks will not get it here any faster.  This problem is very well known and for most of us it's a non-issue since the DVR records perfectly.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@rubiconray wrote:

And they are.  U-Verse only has one software update window per year.  Their fixes hit sometime in the Summer.  I would expect a fix by September.  I do think that they need at least two updates per year.  Asking for it every 6-8 weeks will not get it here any faster.  This problem is very well known and for most of us it's a non-issue since the DVR records perfectly.

I take it your employed by ATT the way you support their actions. I believe a year is more than enough time to fix a problem they created.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@rubiconray wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@rubiconray wrote:

I take it your employed by ATT the way you support their actions. I believe a year is more than enough time to fix a problem they created.

You are a funny guy!  No, no employee here nor am I an AT&T Fanboy.  I am, however, a realist.

If you think that I'm employed by AT&T, you must have not read my threads, dissing AT&T for not carrying the Digital subchannels, having a poor GUI, not carrying Hallmark, Al Jazeera America, or MAV TV, no true Local on the 8's, only having four streams and so on.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.