mtsindy's profile

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

Friday, October 28th, 2011 12:13 PM

New DVR ingress and egress profiles?

I had a minor glitch with my RG this morning, so I did a soft restart and then did soft restarts on my STBs and DVR.  When I checked one of the STBs, it reported that the ingress profile was now 0SD/4HD and the egress profile was 0SD/3HD.  These had been at 1SD/3HD and 1SD/2HD previously.  However, the DVR was still reporting an egress profile of 1SD/2HD.  I will do a hard restart (pull the power line) on the DVR when I get home, and then do a hard restart on each of the STBs once the DVR comes up.  Hopefully I will see a consistent report of ingress and egress profiles then.  I will post back with the results.

In the meantime, has anyone else noticed a switch to what I will call "full HD" ingress and egress profiles?  (Note:  We have had the 0SD/4HD WAN profile for about a year; we got Phase 3 successfully in early August 2011; and we got the latest RG firmware update -- 6.3.7.42 -- about a month ago.)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

12 years ago

Confirmed on DVR and STBs after cold boot (unplug AC) on DVR, followed by STBs:  Ingress profile still 1SD/3HD, but egress profile updated to 0SD/3HD.  A nice upgrade, since we only watch or record HD channels!

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

12 years ago

OK, this is embarrassing -- SomeJoe and others got the update back in the spring.  I should have done a better search before posting.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@mtsindy wrote:

I had a minor glitch with my RG this morning, so I did a soft restart and then did soft restarts on my STBs and DVR.  When I checked one of the STBs, it reported that the ingress profile was now 0SD/4HD and the egress profile was 0SD/3HD.  These had been at 1SD/3HD and 1SD/2HD previously.  However, the DVR was still reporting an egress profile of 1SD/2HD.  I will do a hard restart (pull the power line) on the DVR when I get home, and then do a hard restart on each of the STBs once the DVR comes up.  Hopefully I will see a consistent report of ingress and egress profiles then.  I will post back with the results.

In the meantime, has anyone else noticed a switch to what I will call "full HD" ingress and egress profiles?  (Note:  We have had the 0SD/4HD WAN profile for about a year; we got Phase 3 successfully in early August 2011; and we got the latest RG firmware update -- 6.3.7.42 -- about a month ago.)

Was the Ingress Profile actually 0 SD/4 HD?

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

12 years ago

No, the ingress profile is still 1SD/3HD.  Not sure why one of the STBs showed 0/4 yesterday morning; perhaps I just mis-read it as it is on the same display line as the WAN profile.

That said, do we know why the ingress profiles haven't gone to 0SD/4HD?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@mtsindy wrote:

No, the ingress profile is still 1SD/3HD.  Not sure why one of the STBs showed 0/4 yesterday morning; perhaps I just mis-read it as it is on the same display line as the WAN profile.

That said, do we know why the ingress profiles haven't gone to 0SD/4HD?

The Ingress profile lists the streams that the DVR can have incoming and it can only record 3HD programs at the same time.  Hence the 1SD/3HD since it also can record 1SD program too. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.