cugsie's profile

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

Friday, October 19th, 2012 12:59 AM

Network Not Listed on On-Demand

Does anyone know why CBS is not listed on On-Demand?  I looked under Primetime and Networks and CBS is not listed there or anywhere else that I could see.  Thanks.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I don't know what they are watching on CBS, but it's nothing we like to watch in our home. The only time we watch CBS is for local news and that Sunday Morning Show, and that's about it. There's NO other shows that interest my wife and I on CBS. We're sick of reality shows, competition shows, game shows, or whatever other type of junk they show. The BIG 3, NBC, CBS, ABC have NO shows that interest us anymore, besides local news, that's it. There's so many other channels with better content than watching reality shows and singing competitions. It's been done to DEATH!!!! And then some. However, people can watch anything they want. There's information shows, DIY shows, movies, etc, etc, etc, to watch. Shows that you learn stuff, nature shows, Nat-Geo Channels, etc.

We all have a choice, and CBS is NOT one of them, at least in my house. I'm happy there so many different type of shows/movies to watch. There was a time, and I bet only a few of you remember, that there was only 4 channels to watch. ABC, CBS, NBC, and Public TV. That was it, I was brought up watching those channels. It wasn't till I was 20 that the first cable company came out. Oh, they had something called Subscription TV. You had a box on top of you TV and if you wanted to watch a movie you had to put coins into the box and it would unscramble the reception. Otherwise it would be all lines, pixels and stuff so you couldn't watch it. That only lasted a year or so, then the first cable company came out. But it was only in one town in our state. Eventually we all got it, but it took forever.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol. I did go on a little long, but I think you got my point. For the life of me, I don't know what so good on CBS.........................

Regards,

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Mrrok01 wrote:

I live in central CT and we don't have CBS in our line up of On Demand Networks either. All the other "Local" networks are there, just not CBS. However, there's really nothing on CBS worth watching or recording anyway......

JMO,

MRROK 🙂

Spoiler

You would find yourself in the minority. CBS is televisions number 1 rated network for a reason. Their programming has the highest viewer ratings

MRROK 🙂 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@MRROK wrote:

I don't know what they are watching on CBS, but it's nothing we like to watch in our home. The only time we watch CBS is for local news and that Sunday Morning Show, and that's about it. There's NO other shows that interest my wife and I on CBS. We're sick of reality shows, competition shows, game shows, or whatever other type of junk they show. The BIG 3, NBC, CBS, ABC have NO shows that interest us anymore, besides local news, that's it. There's so many other channels with better content than watching reality shows and singing competitions. It's been done to DEATH!!!! And then some. However, people can watch anything they want. There's information shows, DIY shows, movies, etc, etc, etc, to watch. Shows that you learn stuff, nature shows, Nat-Geo Channels, etc.

We all have a choice, and CBS is NOT one of them, at least in my house. I'm happy there so many different type of shows/movies to watch. There was a time, and I bet only a few of you remember, that there was only 4 channels to watch. ABC, CBS, NBC, and Public TV. That was it, I was brought up watching those channels. It wasn't till I was 20 that the first cable company came out. Oh, they had something called Subscription TV. You had a box on top of you TV and if you wanted to watch a movie you had to put coins into the box and it would unscramble the reception. Otherwise it would be all lines, pixels and stuff so you couldn't watch it. That only lasted a year or so, then the first cable company came out. But it was only in one town in our state. Eventually we all got it, but it took forever.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol. I did go on a little long, but I think you got my point. For the life of me, I don't know what so good on CBS.........................

Regards,

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Mrrok01 wrote:

I live in central CT and we don't have CBS in our line up of On Demand Networks either. All the other "Local" networks are there, just not CBS. However, there's really nothing on CBS worth watching or recording anyway......

JMO,

MRROK 🙂

Spoiler

You would find yourself in the minority. CBS is televisions number 1 rated network for a reason. Their programming has the highest viewer ratings

MRROK 🙂 

No Big Brother?????  No NFL Football???? No Under the Dome????  No (syndicated) Dr. Phil????  Oh wait, those are the ones I record.

It always fascinates me how some will say "There's nothing on ______ (fill in the blank) worth watching."  Here's a newsflash....I don't watch sports or news (except for local news), religious shows, any shopping networks or kiddie shows but I think it's GREAT that it's out there for others to watch.

And yes,  I remember when it was ONLY the 3 networks and when PBS came to be (locally 1960).  I even remember the funny antenna we had to use to get UHF channels!

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Got sick of Big Brother, they done it to DEATH!! I don't watch sports, but the package I have has a full sports package, what a waste!! Dr. Pill, give me a break!! Sorry, I shouldn't tell you what's good or not. Everyone has different "tastes" when it come to TV viewing. I guess we are all lucky to have so many choices now. And the ability to record our shows when we want. TV has come a long, long, way, and I think it's about to do another big turn around with smart TV's. Which I own one, but don't know how to use it, lol. We all are part of TV history, whether we know it or not. There's NO free airways anymore, one needs to buy a special decoder to view 20 channels or so with no cable/satellite companies.

Good conversation, that's what makes these forums interesting!! Plus you learn a thing or two, too...............

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

We have a Sharp Aquos Smart TV.  The only thing we can do is use Netflix and I've checked out the You Tube feature.  Other than that, I don't know why it's called a "smart" TV....Smiley Frustrated

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I guess they call them Smart TV's because one needs to be a rocket scientist to figure out what to do with it, lol. All I know is I hooked my computer to the TV and the only thing I can do is program it from my puter. I tried the netflix app, but couldn't get it to work. I guess the TV is smarter than me............................YIKES!!!!!!!

ROK 🙂

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@MRROK wrote:

Regards,

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Mrrok01 wrote:

JMO,

MRROK 🙂

Spoiler

MRROK 🙂 

Hmmmm, let's see.  Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, NCIS LA, Elementary, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Under the Dome, Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, Blue Bloods, Person of Interest, How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly.  Only the most watched shows on television today. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I believe you man, lol, lol. But there's NOTHING on CBS Prime Time that interest me, ok??? No need to try and shove it down my throat!! For my wife and I, there is NOTHING worth watching on prime time CBS, or any programing during the day time hours either that's worth watching for either one of US!! Why are you trying to "sell" me on CBS? To me, it's ALL crap programing that's not in our taste of shows to watch, is that ok with you?

Sheesh,

ROK Smiley Frustrated

@skeeterintexas wrote:

As of 8/20:  CBS most watched primetime network!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

I was merely relaying FACTS. Smiley Wink

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

I was merely relaying FACTS. Smiley Wink

I know, I know, no harm, no foul. I apprciate the education on what's on CBS.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful weekend,

ROK 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.