cugsie's profile

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

Friday, October 19th, 2012 12:59 AM

Network Not Listed on On-Demand

Does anyone know why CBS is not listed on On-Demand?  I looked under Primetime and Networks and CBS is not listed there or anywhere else that I could see.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

With U-verse, CBS On Demand is only available in markets where the station is CBS owned and operated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CBS_Corporation_owned_television_stations#Current

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Okay, that's fair, I'll buy the fact that the CBS station in my area is not owned by CBS therefore I cannot watch on-demand, but explain to me how other cable providers can offer CBS on demand in the same area? 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@thearabwolf wrote:

Okay, that's fair, I'll buy the fact that the CBS station in my area is not owned by CBS therefore I cannot watch on-demand, but explain to me how other cable providers can offer CBS on demand in the same area? 

Those providers have negotiated a deal that includes the ability to provide OnDemand in their areas.  AT&T U-verse negotiated one with CBS as a whole for their wholy-owned stations, but has not negotiated them with the individual CBS stations.

I don't know the wherefors, but that's what happened.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Doesn't explain why I had plenty of CBS programming two weeks ago, and now have very little

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

You probably got it by mistake and ATT took it away.  Years ago, the whole west Michigan area had it, but lost it when ATT found it's mistake. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

It could also be strange terms of the agreement.  I have noticed in the past that U-verse would show recently aired new episodes of ABC shows on the Android app, but they'd only be available for like 8 weeks after the show was first run.  It could be that so many of the CBS shows have entered re-runs that there's no fresh content.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

@Unhappy5353 wrote:

Doesn't explain why I had plenty of CBS programming two weeks ago, and now have very little

I am right there with you in the same boat.  After looking at the list I have 2 CBS owned stations in my area which I was not aware of.  After I got the "upgraded" on-demand in May just about everything that was listed in CBS on-demand free shows, except for a few obscure shows, were gone.  They did not expire, they just were no longer listed in the new system.  I have and had CBS on-demand before the upgrade and afterwards, but the content was mostly missing.  Most people around here that I've mentioned that too seem to think I'm full of it, so I get no where and no help.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I live in central CT and we don't have CBS in our line up of On Demand Networks either. All the other "Local" networks are there, just not CBS. However, there's really nothing on CBS worth watching or recording anyway......

JMO,

MRROK 🙂

Spoiler

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Mrrok01 wrote:

I live in central CT and we don't have CBS in our line up of On Demand Networks either. All the other "Local" networks are there, just not CBS. However, there's really nothing on CBS worth watching or recording anyway......

JMO,

MRROK 🙂

Spoiler

You would find yourself in the minority. CBS is televisions number 1 rated network for a reason. Their programming has the highest viewer ratings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.