Posted Jan 15, 2013
5:01:52 AM
Just Upgraded to HD...

Finally bought an HDTV and upgraded the $10 charge to HD channels. Last night, I was recording ONE show on HD but was UNABLE TO WATCH ANOTHER HD CHANNEL! I could watch a SD channel. Seriously? It's THIS restrictive? Am I not setting up something properly? Halp!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2013 6:46:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
buckeyeba -As posted above, you should be able to watch more HD simultaneously.

It always is worth trying a simple reboot. YOu also want to male sure your boxes are in synch bt doing it in order.

Pull the ac plug on the RG, DVR and STB.
Plug in the RG wait for green lights.
Plug in the DVR and wait for picture.
Plug in the other STB.
After this, you may be out of the woods.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Just Upgraded to HD...

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 5:39:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please download and install this maintenance tool developed by a forum member Somejoe7777. Here is the link:

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

After installing the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/Profile, Error Table, & Bitloading. After posting the above screenshots, we can review them and see what profile you are on.  You should be getting more than one HD stream.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Just Upgraded to HD...

2 of 13 (1,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 5:50:37 AM
(0)
Professor
First off, what does it state under Options > System Options > System Information > System resources, for Streams, Bandwidth Cap, Egress Profile?

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

3 of 13 (1,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:16:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Streams:             0 SD/4HD(WAN); 1SD/3HD(Ingress)

Bandwidth cap:  31947200(WAN); 26960400(Ingress)

Egress Profile:    20000000, 0 SD/3HD

4 of 13 (1,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:25:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried to install it, but as usual with Windows, there was an error. I'm going to call AT&T and hopefully get someone who speaks English.

5 of 13 (1,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:28:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

How many recordings/tv shows were you trying ot watch at once?  According to your profile, you shoud be able to record 3 hd shows at once and watch up to 4. In order to watch the 4th HD channel, you'll need to be watching it from another box in your house.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

6 of 13 (1,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:33:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

I was recording ONE program. I tried to change the channel and watch a different HD program; an error mssg said "the HD something something was busy." I live alone, and my other DVR was off. As usual, I can't get to a live human being in tech support. Anyone know a number to bypass all the 'press this, say that' stuff?

7 of 13 (1,667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2013 6:46:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
buckeyeba -As posted above, you should be able to watch more HD simultaneously.

It always is worth trying a simple reboot. YOu also want to male sure your boxes are in synch bt doing it in order.

Pull the ac plug on the RG, DVR and STB.
Plug in the RG wait for green lights.
Plug in the DVR and wait for picture.
Plug in the other STB.
After this, you may be out of the woods.

8 of 13 (1,658 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:47:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes. I rebooted and started recording stuff and can change channels! SUCCESS!!! Thanks, everybody. I'll now post a new question about my DVR storage:smileyhappy:

9 of 13 (1,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:53:52 AM
(0)
Professor
What version of Windows are you running on your computer? The software mentioned was actually written by a member of the forum, not ATT, and it is known that there is a issue with one part of the software that installs with the utility, not being compatible with Windows 8.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

10 of 13 (1,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:56:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

XP Version 2.crapp. No worries. All is well!

11 of 13 (1,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 7:41:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

buckeyeba wrote:

Yes. I rebooted and started recording stuff and can change channels! SUCCESS!!! Thanks, everybody. I'll now post a new question about my DVR storage:smileyhappy:

When in doubt, reboot!  :smileyvery-happy:

12 of 13 (1,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 7:07:09 PM
(0)
Expert

buckeyeba wrote:

XP Version 2.crapp. No worries. All is well!

Sorry for the install error.  UV Realtime requires at least Windows XP with service pack 3.

Glad your problem is fixed, but if you would like to install UV Realtime in the future, please install XP service pack 3 first.

You may want to upgrade to service pack 3 anyway, since it fixes many security bugs.

13 of 13 (1,544 Views)