Posted Sep 16, 2013
Deleting multiple recordings
Is there a way to delete multiple recordings at once? Like I wanted to delete 4 episodes of Duck Dunasty today and I had to go into each one and delete them, is there an easier way to do this? I'm used to pushing the red button on my directv remote and being prompted to delete is AT&T set up like this?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-16-2013 3:43:47 PM
(0)

tylerbonezjonez wrote:
Is there a way to delete multiple recordings at once? Like I wanted to delete 4 episodes of Duck Dunasty today and I had to go into each one and delete them, is there an easier way to do this? I'm used to pushing the red button on my directv remote and being prompted to delete is AT&T set up like this?

There are 2 method that can be used to delete multiple series recordings at once:

1. Method 1:

-  Press RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Highlight the series recording that you want to delete

-  Press the DELETE button in the lower left hand corner of the remote

-  Press OK to delete recordings

2. Method 2:

-  Press the RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Scroll over to Series

-  Page down to find the series recordings you want to delete

-  Press OK

-  Select Erase recordings and press OK

-  Press OK to erase recordings

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Deleting multiple recordings

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013
(0)

No, sorry.  You'll have to delete each program individually.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Deleting multiple recordings

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013
(0)
tylerbonezjonez - If you recorded all the episodes under the same series & there are no other episodes in the folder that you do not want to erase, select the folder and use the delete button (bottom left) to delete the whole folder. If there are other episodes & you need to delete them one at a time, the delete button is a little faster than the menu method.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 16, 2013
(0)

tylerbonezjonez wrote:

There are 2 method that can be used to delete multiple series recordings at once:

1. Method 1:

-  Press RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Highlight the series recording that you want to delete

-  Press the DELETE button in the lower left hand corner of the remote

-  Press OK to delete recordings

2. Method 2:

-  Press the RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Scroll over to Series

-  Page down to find the series recordings you want to delete

-  Press OK

-  Select Erase recordings and press OK

-  Press OK to erase recordings

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013
(0)
Thanks for the help, I am new here and new to the tv side of AT&T but have had Internet for quite sometime. Any neat things the AT&T devices can do? Real techy guy here

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 26, 2013
(0)

You can login to the Uverse website and manage your DVR. From there, you can do a multiple select and delete items much easier than through your DVR interface.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 27, 2013
(0)

Thank you dsmith2001, here is some additional information to help getting started with  U-verse TV service.

starterguide.bmp

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2013
(0)

Yup, ATT UVerse support said "no we do not provide the abilty to do mass recordings"

the advocated method on this forum of highlighting a recording and 'hititng the delete button to the left of the zero' only deletes one show at a time

This product is very immature

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2013
(0)

I meant to type "mass delete of recordings"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2013
(0)

To add insult to injury, the Manage DVR feature on att.net is even worse, you still have to delete the shows one at a time and it takes even longer than clicking that stupid remote.

This is a really immature product.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2013
(0)

Ok, I think I see the problem.

The prescribed treatment "click the delete button to the left of the zero"

appears to work IF you have not deleted the series from your series recording list - when I do that with an active series I get the "delete 'N' recordings' where N is an integer > 1

Clearly a UI/System bug

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2014
(0)

Using Web Remote Access to manage DVR recordings, it gives you the option to select multiple shows, but when I press the Delete Selected button I get the following message: "We apologize for the inconvenience but the system only supports a single delete request at this time. Please select one recorded show at a time to delete from your DVR and press the 'Delete Selected' button."

I'm confused. Is this a temporary isssue? Why else would a user be able to select multiple shows if the option to delete multiple shows is not available? Deleting one show takes exactly 17 seconds.  Am I to repeat this process for several seasons of a show, which could be 48-60 episodes?  Currently I have 4 shows with several seasons I'd like to delete, but there's no way I'm going to do this one by one.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2014
(0)

tbatnyc wrote:

Using Web Remote Access to manage DVR recordings, it gives you the option to select multiple shows, but when I press the Delete Selected button I get the following message: "We apologize for the inconvenience but the system only supports a single delete request at this time. Please select one recorded show at a time to delete from your DVR and press the 'Delete Selected' button."

I'm confused. Is this a temporary isssue? Why else would a user be able to select multiple shows if the option to delete multiple shows is not available? Deleting one show takes exactly 17 seconds.  Am I to repeat this process for several seasons of a show, which could be 48-60 episodes?  Currently I have 4 shows with several seasons I'd like to delete, but there's no way I'm going to do this one by one.

See the post earlier in this thread about how to delete multple programs at one time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2014
(0)
I hear tell doing a factory reset of the DVR will delete all those recordings at once while preserving your future recordings list.... but that may be here say.

it is late...
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.