Posted Dec 30, 2012
Audio delay with surround sound selected (VIP1225)

Thanks for your time. Now that I replaced my old dlp which wouldn't acknowledge surround from the box (VIP1225) My new Samsung will utilize the surround selected from the box. The only problem is that there is a 2-3 second delay after ff/rewind/pause. This does not happen when normal audio is selected. 

Please help w/ a fix. 

You guys rock!

Happy new year!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
1-4-2013 8:39:44 PM
(0)
Buffering would be why. We have the latest Cisco DVR that ATT offers, so do not see the problems, that the older DVRS saw. Do see issues every now and then, if we ff/rwd on the STB in our bedroom, due to buffering between the DVR & the STB.
Accepted Solution

Audio delay with surround sound selected (VIP1225)

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2012
(0)
If not using a AV system, there is no need to enable Surround on the Set top. If you are noticing that there is a sync delay when listening through a AV receiver, need more info.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Audio delay with surround sound selected (VIP1225)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013
(0)

Thanks for your time. Although there is a significant delay direct to t.v., through the a/v the delay is minimal, but present. Good point on not needing it through the t.v. but I hate to have to change it everytime I turn the receiver on and explaining how to do so to the wife.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013
(0)
Do like we did, and use a Soundbar for the tv, when the AV receiver is off. We do not notice a delay in sync with audio from the Soundbar & what is on the tv.

That way, you have better speakers than what is built into the TV, and have the option of either Surround Sound when you want, or just the Sound bar, and do not have to worry about swapping from Stereo to Surround.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013
(0)

Thought about that but I would hate to buy a sound bar when I have an awesome a/v system. I tweeked the e.q. in the t.v. for average shows, good ones get the a/v.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013
(0)
I had no problem with getting the Sound bar, even with what we have spent on our AV system. We are split on about 60/40, depending on what we watch. More gets watched on the Sound bar, with the AV system reserved for movies, tv shows that sound better on the AVRS (Duck Dynasty, Dancing With the Stars, Wedding Band, etc.).

Mainly News, or those shows that will not sound good on the AVRS gets watched on the Sound Bar.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013
(0)
I have always had a delay after FF/REW/Pause. I thought that was normal.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 4, 2013
(0)
Buffering would be why. We have the latest Cisco DVR that ATT offers, so do not see the problems, that the older DVRS saw. Do see issues every now and then, if we ff/rwd on the STB in our bedroom, due to buffering between the DVR & the STB.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013
(0)

This is my biggest problem with Uverse. Coming from Dish, it has taken some time adjusting to this, and the lack of a 30 sec skip forward being the other issue. Service has been solid, just wish they would update the dvr software features.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013
(0)

I tweeked the eq on the t.v. to get better highs and lowered the hz so the speakers don't pop. With the really good shows I'll use the a/v.

By the way, if you get a sound bar and hook it to the audio out from the t.v. will the sound bar power up whenever the t.v. is turned on so you don't have another darn remote?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013
(0)

No delays whatsoever when audio is on stereo only (directly wired to t.v.) see post for further explanation.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013
(0)

Read all the post responses. There should be no delay and you do have a 30 sec rw and 15 sec ffw.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2013
(0)

That will work in the bedroom, but when you have a home theater system, stereo doesn't cut it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2013
(0)

I have an Onkyo reciever and had the same delay. I wound up resetting the Uverse  reciever and the problem went away. If that doesn't work call ATT it shouldn't be that big of a deal to fix and is a real pain ...Good luck