Posted Aug 30, 2013
Anyone thinking about Xfinity/Comcast? Don't

Just a suggestion to anyone thinking about making the switch to Xfinitiy;

Their new d.v.r. can finally hang w/ ATT's but is plagued w/ problems, multiple problems! I have a collegue that switched from Dish to Comcast (no uverse in his area) becuase his att d.s.l. was too painful and he is livid! He has over 12 hours on the phone before and after the install w/ comcast and the customer service as everyone knows is the worst ever! Thee worst! 

He does love the internet speed though as they are the best for that. But that's it. Aside from their extensive on demand, they are horrible and jumped the gun on their d.v.r. 

Even if everything was perfect, the customer service is a 1/10th of ATT! Don't do it! Just don't make the switch! You will regret it. 

Just sayin'.............

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Anyone thinking about Xfinity/Comcast? Don't

25 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

Switch to Time Warner Cable.  I left them a little over a month ago for AT&T... BIG MISTAKE!!!  AT&T service is terrible.  Their DVR is not very large, doesn't work half the time, they have nothing On Demand compared to TWC... their adds are so misleading!!!  I can't imagine what an average size family would do if we constantly have conflicts with just 2 of us and our recordings going where my husband can't even tune into a baseball game.  I can't record 4 things at once... not even if not HD, and my recordings rarely work right - they freeze, start you over, etc.  Lately I can't even access my recordings list.  The internet is not as fast as the speed I am paying for which is business grade.  And I think everyone would agree AT&T customer service has to be the worst out there!

Anyone who recommends this service is not your friend and doesn't know what good service really is.

Re: Anyone thinking about Xfinity/Comcast? Don't

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2013
(0)

slscanlon3 wrote:

Switch to Time Warner Cable.  I left them a little over a month ago for AT&T... BIG MISTAKE!!!  AT&T service is terrible.  Their DVR is not very large, doesn't work half the time, they have nothing On Demand compared to TWC... their adds are so misleading!!!  I can't imagine what an average size family would do if we constantly have conflicts with just 2 of us and our recordings going where my husband can't even tune into a baseball game.  I can't record 4 things at once... not even if not HD, and my recordings rarely work right - they freeze, start you over, etc.  Lately I can't even access my recordings list.  The internet is not as fast as the speed I am paying for which is business grade.  And I think everyone would agree AT&T customer service has to be the worst out there!

Anyone who recommends this service is not your friend and doesn't know what good service really is.

Hope there's nothing you watch on CBS since Time Warner is no longer carrying that network. :smileyfrustrated:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

slscanlon3 wrote:

Contact ATT Uverse Care here:
https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service problems. Response can take up to 2 business days.

This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

slscanlon3 wrote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I just switched from TWC last week and like it so far. Although I can only record 3 HD programs, the two DVR setup I had on TWC made it a pain to record more than 2 since you can't do it from one DVR, have to go to the web or app. It's more convenient being able to control everything from any TV. My bill is also <1/2 of what is was, although I did drop phone service and my internet speed is much slower.  

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

My bill is $25 less with AT&T (was $200), but in 2 years when the promotion knocking an additional $61 runs out, it will be way higher.

I miss my DVR with TWC.  I get a weird dial tone on the phone where it takes a second to connect now.  Internet is usually fine, but occasionally drops me and I have to reconnect.  Since I have to VPN in to my job... that is a pain.  I didn't have that prob with TWC and the sales guy for AT&T guaranteed that would not be an issue.  I did have my own router with TWC that I purchased that was better than what AT&T provides.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)
slscanlon3 - RE "wierd dial tone" is it a stutter that stops. That is an indication that you have a message/ Dial *98.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

Too bad your having these problems. My d.v.r. is 500gb! That aint bad plus I can record 4 HD shows at once and never have problems. Sounds like a d.v.r. problem and/or firmware issue. Call ATT and talk to the right people. They have always been great for me!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

antman_2 wrote:

Too bad your having these problems. My d.v.r. is 500gb! That aint bad plus I can record 4 HD shows at once and never have problems. Sounds like a d.v.r. problem and/or firmware issue. Call ATT and talk to the right people. They have always been great for me!

Are you sure about that?  I have seen no one else report that they can record 4 HD programs at the same time.  The best anyone else can do is to record 3 HD programs and 1 SD program at the same time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

texasguy37 wrote:

antman_2 wrote:

Are you sure about that?  I have seen no one else report that they can record 4 HD programs at the same time.  The best anyone else can do is to record 3 HD programs and 1 SD program at the same time.

Yeah....I think someone mis-spoke.  That should've been 4 recordings TOTAL, 3 of which can be HD.    :smileywink:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

texasguy37 wrote:

Rumor has it that if you have an NVG589, pair bonded, on the new 55/6 line profile, that the DVR ingress profile has been upgraded to 4HD/0. :smileyhappy:

Disclaimer: Pure rumor only.  I know nothing for sure.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
Rumor has it that if you have an NVG589, pair bonded, on the new 55/6 line profile, that the DVR ingress profile has been upgraded to 4HD/0. :smileyhappy:

Disclaimer: Pure rumor only.  I know nothing for sure. 

I've been waiting for an Ingress Profile of 0 SD/4 HD for 3 years since the launch of the 4 HD profile.  :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Well, I'll be reporting if that rumor is true tomorrow.  I'm having my 45 Mbps Internet installation tomorrow.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 5, 2013
(0)

trparky wrote:

Well, I'll be reporting if that rumor is true tomorrow.  I'm having my 45 Mbps Internet installation tomorrow.

Well?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

Sorry a little busy with life to report.

Yes, yes, and yes I can record 4 hd at once. 6 months ago it was 3hd/1sd now, 4hd. The uverse tech turned me onto it when I got my 2250 installed a while ago. I didn't believe it either. But the proof is in the puddin' Believe it!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

antman_2 wrote:

Sorry a little busy with life to report.

Yes, yes, and yes I can record 4 hd at once. 6 months ago it was 3hd/1sd now, 4hd. The uverse tech turned me onto it when I got my 2250 installed a while ago. I didn't believe it either. But the proof is in the puddin' Believe it!

Can we get a photo of your Ingress Profile (System resources) and/or the "Recordings" screen of 4HDs being recorded at once? 

It will give the rest of us hope.  :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

Will be forthcoming as my wife has the camera and I don't have a smart phone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

Streams- 0SD/4HD

Egress- 0SD/3HD

DAMMIT! Perhaps I'm losing my mind. Sorry for the false hope. I swore when the tech showed me it was 4HD.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

antman_2 wrote:

Streams- 0SD/4HD

Egress- 0SD/3HD

DAMMIT! Perhaps I'm losing my mind. Sorry for the false hope. I swore when the tech showed me it was 4HD.

The Egress profile represents streams out of the DVR.  It determines the number and types of simultaneous streams that can be watched on the non-DVR STB's.  You want to look at your Ingress profile which represents streams into the DVR.  It determines the number and types of simultaneous streams that can be recorded on the DVR.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

Yes, streams 0SD/4HD (WAN) and 1SD/3HD (INGRESS)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

antman_2 wrote:

Yeah...that's the profile 95% of customers have right now.  :smileysad:

Someone posted awhile back about having a higher profile and took this photo:

7streams.jpg

But it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

We all got excited about that one....

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)

skeeterintexas wrote:

antman_2 wrote:

7streams.jpg

Yes, I had that profile for about a month until an update rolled out.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

antman_2 wrote:

7streams.jpg

Yes, I had that profile for about a month until an update rolled out.

YOU were the one!  For that you get a prize....

steak knives

:smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)

Sweet. Nice prize man!

So contrary to my wifes opinion I may not be losing my mind.:smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)

Don't get too excited....you've got as much a chance of having that profile as winning the lottery!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)

At least I did for a few days anyway :smileywink: