Posted Mar 2, 2012
10:26:16 AM
Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts.

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts. All of my other friends are not having this issue, just me...it was working fine last week.

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts. All of my other friends are not having this issue, just me...it was working fine last week.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 5, 2012 7:31:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Try setting your xbox's DNS servers in network settings to:

8.8.8.8 for primary

&

8.8.4.4 for secondary

I had this issue for weeks and it solved it.

Accepted Solution

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 10:42:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

See the Microsoft support article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960116

See the Microsoft support article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960116

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accou

2 of 8 (8,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 11:12:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

@Texasguy - thanks for the advised but I did all this. I have a 2eire 3801 gateway and i followed all of the sugestions on this forum to make it bridge. everything was woreking fine a vouple of weeks ago but now i get this error. I made a video to show what the error is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWt20BHVjA&list=UUW5go7M4dzHDn7djtTexdcQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I i think there is something getting blocked at the AT&T side... not sure...:smileysad:

@Texasguy - thanks for the advised but I did all this. I have a 2eire 3801 gateway and i followed all of the sugestions on this forum to make it bridge. everything was woreking fine a vouple of weeks ago but now i get this error. I made a video to show what the error is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWt20BHVjA&list=UUW5go7M4dzHDn7djtTexdcQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I i think there is something getting blocked at the AT&T side... not sure...:smileysad:

Re: Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accou

3 of 8 (8,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 11:16:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ok, I see.  You didn't mention any troubleshooting steps already taken in your first post so I didn't know what, if anything that you have done to attempt to resolve the issue.

Ok, I see.  You didn't mention any troubleshooting steps already taken in your first post so I didn't know what, if anything that you have done to attempt to resolve the issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (8,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2012 6:44:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the EXACT same symptoms.

Have you found any resolutions?  I have a open ticket with Xbox LIVE as well.  No movement there yet.

I am having the EXACT same symptoms.

Have you found any resolutions?  I have a open ticket with Xbox LIVE as well.  No movement there yet.

5 of 8 (8,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 5, 2012 7:31:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

8.8.8.8 for primary

&

8.8.4.4 for secondary

8.8.8.8 for primary

&

8.8.4.4 for secondary

6 of 8 (8,270 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2012 3:15:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks ikcastillo it worked for me

Thanks ikcastillo it worked for me

7 of 8 (6,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2012 6:23:07 AM
(0)
Contributor
I had the same exact error and changing the DNS didn't help, I fixed it by doing this:

1. In the Xbox console give yourself a static IP, you can leave the DNS at DHCP or Dynamic (I suggest making it the same as the dynamically assigned one to avoid conflict).
2. In the Router delete/disable any port forwarding rules and/or triggers for that IP.
3. In the Router enable DMZ and add your static IP to it.

NOTE: You can leave your firewall enabled in the router.
I had the same exact error and changing the DNS didn't help, I fixed it by doing this:

1. In the Xbox console give yourself a static IP, you can leave the DNS at DHCP or Dynamic (I suggest making it the same as the dynamically assigned one to avoid conflict).
2. In the Router delete/disable any port forwarding rules and/or triggers for that IP.
3. In the Router enable DMZ and add your static IP to it.

NOTE: You can leave your firewall enabled in the router.

8 of 8 (6,111 Views)