Posted Aug 30, 2012
8:32:47 AM
U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 26, 2013 12:43:14 PM
(0)
Community Manager

We will stop supporting the Xbox 360 as a U-verse receiver on December 31, 2013. Subscribers who currently use their Xbox as a receiver will receive a $99 bill credit in their December or January U-verse bill, which includes reimbursement for the $60 Xbox Gold membership. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
48 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(48)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 11:29:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is true, however, I have two xboxes and the $99 doesn't cover what I have put into runnning network cables through my walls (and the port wall covers), paying for uverse installation packages, and buying xbox gold for both machines. The way that we use these two xbox consoles are solely as recievers and for netflix. I wouldn't have even purchased them if i knew this would happen.

Re: Discontinuing Xbox 360 for Uverse receiver by Dec 31st 2013??

28 of 49 (2,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 11:40:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is an amazing feature and makes it okay for me to have to pay a premium price for uverse internet/tv, and even my att iphones (which has the mobile uverse remote). It's a little "extra", and sometimes that, in itself, makes all the difference. It showed me that they supported their customer base and offered alternative means for differing setups. We use the main reciever, in the den, to record our shows. Using an xbox in each spare room, we could playback/record the movies from/to the reciever in the den or simply watch live shows. It was perfect and minimal. Now, however, I would need to pay for two additional recievers per month as well as keep the xbox around to watch netflix. IMO, that is too many boxes to keep up with in each room. The xbox 360 is not changing it's interface. I really can't understand why ATT won't simply keep up the existing software reciever app for their loyal customer base who have had it. This has really frustrated me. Support would not verify if there was even an app planned for the xbox one, but that ATT would disable the current xbox 360 app because of the new xbox!?

Re: Discontinuing Xbox 360 for Uverse receiver by Dec 31st 2013??

29 of 49 (2,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 3:00:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
So people are mad because they'll have to pay $7/mo for each STB in lieu of an XBOX?

Time Warner charges $10/mo for each basic box. If you want that to be a DVR or hooked up to a DVR, you'll have to pay an additional fee per DVR. Two DVRs from Time Warner would cost me something like $30/mo.

Other cable providers will absolutely charge for additional boxes and may even chaege for additional DVRs.

AT&T charges me $10/mo for boxes. I have one DVR and one additional box...U-300 and up get their first extra box fee waived.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

33 of 49 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 4:05:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Some of us bought xbox 360 consoles to use as uverse receivers, so we could have our own equipment/combined media hub. We paid the price to do this and it was worth it because it minimized the amount of equipment you needed in each room. I have the 450 package and rent one dvr. It makes more sense to use the xbox as a reciever. ATT makes more than enough money from me and shouldn't be worried with the additional $7-14 they are hoping to get out of this.

34 of 49 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 10:21:56 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Ronin559 on Nov 27, 2013 at 10:23:39 AM

I honestly dont even care about the $7 a month, I have a STB that is seldom used on my 2nd TV in my game room. What ticks me off the most is that the Xbox was a darn near perfect "all-in-one" box that ran the uverse IPTV software better than any of the other STBs in the house. There are also several issue I now have to deal with by switching to a standard STB. One that give me the most angst right now is the fact that the location the Xbox is currently at only had Cat-6 cable and I am not sure if I have to run coax onto that wall location now in order to connect a standard STB.

[ Edited ]
35 of 49 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 10:43:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can get a wireless receiver and no cables needed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

36 of 49 (952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 10:58:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

37 of 49 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 12:40:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

JefferMC wrote:

A standard STB can be connected to the RG using that Cat6 Ethernet cable just fine.

I was going on the assumption that the Xbox was using the CAT 6?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

38 of 49 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 12:49:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I was figuring that it only needed to be hard wired for video, that it could go Wireless for Internet access.

That may be a bad assumption on my part.

39 of 49 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 1:33:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Would have no clue since I don't own one nor do I want to!!

The last controller I used for a gaming system was one of these:

40 of 49 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 10:10:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I think I read something about AT&T and Microsoft ending their agreement. I want to say people were surmising that there'd be a new format for the on-screen guide which would hopefully lead to a faster guide and maybe who else knows what. (Quicker way for closed captioning, no timezone bug?)

Maybe this is part of that agreement ending? (If what I remember is true.)

41 of 49 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 9:33:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Microsoft sold it's Mediaroom software to Ericcson.

http://www.ericsson.com/news/1727445

42 of 49 (848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 5:36:40 PM
(0)
Employee

I can say from 3 years experience in the field that I only came upon 2 customers (average 3-6 customers per day) that had XBoxes as receivers. I'm sure the relationship changing between AT&T and Microsoft and the low ratio of customers played a role in all of this. To me, the XBox app just seemed a little clunky compared to using the same type of remote in every room. For those that are thinking about jumping ship, get in touch with the retention department. I'm sure they can make you reconsider your decision.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

43 of 49 (790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 5:57:13 PM
(0)
Employee
Hunger1979, in agreement...in two years averaging 70 plus jobs per month, over 1600 unique visits only had 1 customer using xbox 360 as a receiver.

44 of 49 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 12:50:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Discontinuing XBOX support is very dissapointing. Back in 2010 when I was shopping cable providers, the deciding factor to go with UVERSE was the XBOX support. It made "one remote to rule them all" possible to which the spouse totally loved. Gone were the days of switching inputs. *sigh*

In the era of providers trying to get on as many devices as possible, it seems as though AT&T is regressing. I never saw an update for the app after it was orignally installed, so surely it's not a move to reduce support cost.

I wish they could just leave it out there without support until Microsoft puts out a release that breaks compatibility, instead of pulling the most used app on my xbox.

45 of 49 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 6:21:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

I truly believe that the reason more people weren't using this service is because it wasn't continuously advertised, offered, or updated. Either way, I love it and wish that it wouldn't go away. It really simplifies things in our household. 

46 of 49 (641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 8:23:58 AM
(0)
Mentor
Just want to say, I was watching TV on my Xbox 360 and they finally disable the U-verse app. Talked to customer service and I'll be receiving a wireless set-top box with the one-time fee waived.

47 of 49 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 8:23:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jphaus on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:24:54 AM

kgraham182 wrote:
Just want to say, I was watching TV on my Xbox 360 and they finally disable the U-verse app. Talked to customer service and I'll be receiving a wireless set-top box with the one-time fee waived.

Exact same here.  Took talking to a few different reps but finally got it done.  Haven't seen the $99 credit on my bill yet but he said it would be coming.

Also count me as one of the disappointed that I'm losing the Xbox capability to begin with.  When I asked why, my rep speculated (only his guess) that it was due to future support on the Xbox One.  Not sure why that would take away from the 360 even if that is true....

[ Edited ]
48 of 49 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 9:35:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

Has anyone received the $100 bill credit yet? Still waiting.

49 of 49 (344 Views)