mtavery24's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:32 PM

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Employee

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I can say from 3 years experience in the field that I only came upon 2 customers (average 3-6 customers per day) that had XBoxes as receivers. I'm sure the relationship changing between AT&T and Microsoft and the low ratio of customers played a role in all of this. To me, the XBox app just seemed a little clunky compared to using the same type of remote in every room. For those that are thinking about jumping ship, get in touch with the retention department. I'm sure they can make you reconsider your decision.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Discontinuing XBOX support is very dissapointing. Back in 2010 when I was shopping cable providers, the deciding factor to go with UVERSE was the XBOX support. It made "one remote to rule them all" possible to which the spouse totally loved. Gone were the days of switching inputs. *sigh*

In the era of providers trying to get on as many devices as possible, it seems as though AT&T is regressing. I never saw an update for the app after it was orignally installed, so surely it's not a move to reduce support cost.

I wish they could just leave it out there without support until Microsoft puts out a release that breaks compatibility, instead of pulling the most used app on my xbox.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I truly believe that the reason more people weren't using this service is because it wasn't continuously advertised, offered, or updated. Either way, I love it and wish that it wouldn't go away. It really simplifies things in our household. 

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Just want to say, I was watching TV on my Xbox 360 and they finally disable the U-verse app. Talked to customer service and I'll be receiving a wireless set-top box with the one-time fee waived.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

@kgraham182 wrote:
Just want to say, I was watching TV on my Xbox 360 and they finally disable the U-verse app. Talked to customer service and I'll be receiving a wireless set-top box with the one-time fee waived.

Exact same here.  Took talking to a few different reps but finally got it done.  Haven't seen the $99 credit on my bill yet but he said it would be coming.

Also count me as one of the disappointed that I'm losing the Xbox capability to begin with.  When I asked why, my rep speculated (only his guess) that it was due to future support on the Xbox One.  Not sure why that would take away from the 360 even if that is true....

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone received the $100 bill credit yet? Still waiting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.